For those of you with no back seats...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on For those of you with no back seats... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What did you do to make it look clean back there? I took my seats and all hardware (belts, etc.) ...

For those of you with no back seats...

What did you do to make it look clean back there?

I took my seats and all hardware (belts, etc.) it doesn't look HORRIBLE, but I'm interested to see what some other people have done to make it look cleaner while still saving the weight, I am gonna clean it all really good (the person who had the car before me obviously had kids, there were gummy bears and plastic dimes and quarters under the back seats) and sand down a few rough spots as well as taking out some sound deadning.

Thanks alot

Lee
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    What did you do to make it look clean back there?

I took my seats and all hardware (belts, etc.) it doesn't look HORRIBLE, but I'm interested to see what some other people have done to make it look cleaner while still saving the weight, I am gonna clean it all really good (the person who had the car before me obviously had kids, there were gummy bears and plastic dimes and quarters under the back seats) and sand down a few rough spots as well as taking out some sound deadning.

Thanks alot

Lee

you know your saving a whole 3 lbs by taking the seats out right?

i would keep them in, just becasue it looks a whole lot better with them in. if your looking for weight savings than take out the spare tire
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    you know your saving a whole 3 lbs by taking the seats out right?

i would keep them in, just becasue it looks a whole lot better with them in. if your looking for weight savings than take out the spare tire
    +1

I took mine out and all it did was create more noise. I could hear a lot more creaking/rattling and the gas swishing and swashing and what not. I felt more of a difference when I took out my sub/box, and even then it's negligible.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I took mine out when I put my rear strut bar in but yea it really didn't do too much IMO. Unless you wanna put in racing seatbelts that is.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

3lbs... the seats and all that junk must weigh more than that. Anyways I would be interested to see what you finally end up doing as I am thinking of taking my rear seat out come winter (I know long ways away) to be able to fit my snowboards and gear in the back easier.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

I went back to the scale today, and from removing all seat belts, hardware, seats, and other junk, i weighed 2940 on just under 1/2tank of gas, the spare tire and all that junk is all ready out BTW The belts and hardware for them weighed more then the seats, I might put the seats back in and just be happy with half the weight savings but still a clean looking car, not sure yet.

TOOFAST... you deffinetly are right about the creaking, it is pretty annoying

Yeah, stick the seats back in there for some noise deadening and looks. You'd be suprised how much gas weighs, so if you're worried and don't mind filling up more often, only fill up half way or so.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

1 gallon of gas = 8 pounds
    - Jim

Ok, after I go to the track a week from today (my first time ), I'm gonna put the back seats in just for looks purposes. Maybe one day when I have some extra money I'll see what other options there are, but like you all said, the seats themselves aren't too heavy, and also the carpet i would put in probably wouldnt weigh too much less than the seats.

wen u go to the track and if you fill up before make sure you dont totally fill up...I went the otha week and was filling up...planning on putting just enough to get there and enough for a couple runs but dam GF called and disracted me and i put in 10 gallons!

Quote Originally Posted by Jlb725
    1 gallon of gas = 8 pounds
    - Jim
    So does the human head...

Things that make you go hmmmmmm
    Scotty P

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    I went back to the scale today, and from removing all seat belts, hardware, seats, and other junk, i weighed 2940 on just under 1/2tank of gas, the spare tire and all that junk is all ready out BTW The belts and hardware for them weighed more then the seats, I might put the seats back in and just be happy with half the weight savings but still a clean looking car, not sure yet.

TOOFAST... you deffinetly are right about the creaking, it is pretty annoying
    the floor mats are heaver so i hope you take em out also
    TDCTUNED 290WHP@255TQ RA Gears & 2nd Motor"SOLD"
    2007 Legacy GT TDC tuned stage 2

taking the rear seats out of any car is rice, and looks like a piece of crap! unless it is not ever driven on the street and strictly for drag, that is the stupidest **** you could do to your car! sorry guys. but that is the truth!

i took the back seats out in my old car back in high school so i wouldnt have to give everyone a ride home
    other than that, wrx seats are pretty light. you could try removing some of that insulation crap in the trunk (stuff that looks like its glued to the trunk) my friends says that stuff weighs a bit.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

They are back in now, no seat belts or supports under the seats, just the brackets holding them in (not letting anyone ride back there) they are just for looks, and yes my floor mats are out, cant wait to go to the track

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast