Some *NEW* interior pics :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Some *NEW* interior pics :) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well as I stated in a previous thread my new headunit came in. (alpine CDA-9857) -- Over all I think ...

Some *NEW* interior pics :)

Well as I stated in a previous thread my new headunit came in. (alpine CDA-9857)
    -- Over all I think its an awesome HU, it makes the stock speakers sound much better, but new speakers are on the way
    The "Biolite" screen is amazing. Even in direct sunlight it really is easy to read. At first I was debating this and the 9856 (reg. screen/worse ipod controls) but im glad I opted for the 9857. As most of you already know, car audio has huge mark-ups.. so negotiate your price.

I also hardwired my radar (passport X50). You can see the silence button mounted by the fog light switch.

The boost guage was on the car when I got it... excuse the dust

Last edited by DJSHADOW7; 06-04-2006 at 07:51 PM.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looking good...

now a simple question, when u put in an aftermarket radio the other slot is empty... can a pocket be put in, or something else .... any suggestions or what can i get ?

just bought my wrx, and looking to swap the radio

also, what size speakers will fit without custimization.... front and rear please?

Quote Originally Posted by malicex000
    looking good...

now a simple question, when u put in an aftermarket radio the other slot is empty... can a pocket be put in, or something else .... any suggestions or what can i get ?

just bought my wrx, and looking to swap the radio

also, what size speakers will fit without custimization.... front and rear please?

I actually have the Forester DIN pocket below my headunit. Ill snap a pic of it open for ya. I ran the highspeed ipod cable from my HU through the back of it, and the iPod as well as the remote are in their. I ordered 6.5' component speakers for upfronts. I know ill need 2 inch spacers and prob some custom brackets. The WRX has very thin stock speakers so not many will fit without modification. I think a 5 3/4 will fit without much custom work. I don't remember the rear speaker size of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    I actually have the Forester DIN pocket below my headunit. Ill snap a pic of it open for ya. I ran the highspeed ipod cable from my HU through the back of it, and the iPod as well as the remote are in their. I ordered 6.5' component speakers for upfronts. I know ill need 2 inch spacers and prob some custom brackets. The WRX has very thin stock speakers so not many will fit without modification. I think a 5 3/4 will fit without much custom work. I don't remember the rear speaker size of hand.

thanks pictures and where you got it will help me.... it looks really good... i myself have a cda 9831 i beleive and its awesome, wanted to replace the stock radio and have a decent setup in there soon

Quote Originally Posted by malicex000
    thanks pictures and where you got it will help me.... it looks really good... i myself have a cda 9831 i beleive and its awesome, wanted to replace the stock radio and have a decent setup in there soon

Here are some quick pics, its dark out and I dont have steady hands

I got mine from my dad who works at a subaru dealership. They sell them there. I attatched it with 3M tape... it will hold up great.
    Or you can get it here..... https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/a...54964f8ea76047

Here are some quick pics, its dark out and I dont have steady hands

I got mine from my dad who works at a subaru dealership. They sell them there. I attatched it with 3M tape... it will hold up great.
    Or you can get it here..... https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/a...54964f8ea76047
    im not gonna use the din, but i just wanted something there instead of the hole... thanks... ill post my pics soon as soon as i get time to do this..

thanks. .

Not a problem.

Glad you're happy with it man! The hu looks a lot better than I expected it to.

BTW: Your photo skills are really coming along too!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Thanks man, I gotta check out the tint.

Awsome intertior...how did you set up your radar detector, wiring I mean? It looks so clean and I like it a lot.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

I just installed aftermarket speakers in my '06 WRX, and i ran into the same problem with using spacers on the front. I've heard 5 3/4 work in the front but i'm guessing you'll have to cut something or get a spacer because of the magnet on the woofer.. and as for the back they are 4'.

looks good Sublime FTW
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h
    Awsome intertior...how did you set up your radar detector, wiring I mean? It looks so clean and I like it a lot.
    I actually bought the hardwiring kit w/ smart remote from a friend of mine who got it off passports website. We tapped into the 12v socket by the ashtray. We ran the wire to the empty space by the fog switch (popped out the blank) and then ran the phone cord lookin wire up the side of the pillar and tucked it in the ceiling lining. It came out much better then I thought it would.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    looks good Sublime FTW
    Thanks! It's nice to have my entire sublime collection at my finger tips

I actually bought the hardwiring kit w/ smart remote from a friend of mine who got it off passports website. We tapped into the 12v socket by the ashtray. We ran the wire to the empty space by the fog switch (popped out the blank) and then ran the phone cord lookin wire up the side of the pillar and tucked it in the ceiling lining. It came out much better then I thought it would.

Ahh very cool idea, if I ever get a radar I am definatly copying your idea haha
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.