Some *NEW* interior pics :) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Some *NEW* interior pics :) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i wonder how much faster the new highspeed alpine ipod interface is over their old kca-120i interface. i currently have ...

i wonder how much faster the new highspeed alpine ipod interface is over their old kca-120i interface.

i currently have a 9833 w/ the kca-120i box and am somewhat sick of the lag

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jje121
    I don't believe there is a impreza din cover.... Thats why you see people using the forester din...

They did make an impreza cover although its extremely rare. It came on the '04 STi that didnt have the stereo option.

I have the same head unit and i used a impreza DIN pocket which is open faced rather than a cover.

Quote Originally Posted by alpnwhite96
    i wonder how much faster the new highspeed alpine ipod interface is over their old kca-120i interface.

i currently have a 9833 w/ the kca-120i box and am somewhat sick of the lag

There is no lag. you scroll through everything just as fast as on the ipod. at least, i dont get any lag.

Registered User rallied out wrx's Avatar
    i got the same deck

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    Exactly, although I do have about 110 artists I don't find it inconvienient at all when searching for songs.
    When you have 410 artists, and 667 albums it gets tedious with out a genre select.

BTW ClubWRX should setup a Subie owner only file sharing thing haha.

Quote Originally Posted by the reverend
    When you have 410 artists, and 667 albums it gets tedious with out a genre select.

BTW ClubWRX should setup a Subie owner only file sharing thing haha.

That's alot. I've got about 5k songs- 30gigs or so.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Smart Chord

Is the smart attached to anything which keeps it inside of the fog light blank? I'm going to be hardwiring mine just like yours really soon. Thanks!

What exactly is the menu like?

I have a new ipod so I can finally use mine with the HU- it sounds great, but the searching can take forever.. it would be so much better if 1st u could search by letter [A, B, C, etc], just to narrow it down.. it always starts at A, so to get to the middle or the end [I also have about 25 gigs] I sit there n spin the rotary dial for forever. What I'll do since it's faster is just disconnect the ipod, search for the song/album/artist that I want to listen to, n then plug it back in. blah.
    Grand Visions ~ East Coast
    My N-Body || My CarDomain
    RIP Grand Am 8/2000 - 3/13/2006

2004 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by badassbunny
    What exactly is the menu like?

I have a new ipod so I can finally use mine with the HU- it sounds great, but the searching can take forever.. it would be so much better if 1st u could search by letter [A, B, C, etc], just to narrow it down.. it always starts at A, so to get to the middle or the end [I also have about 25 gigs] I sit there n spin the rotary dial for forever. What I'll do since it's faster is just disconnect the ipod, search for the song/album/artist that I want to listen to, n then plug it back in. blah.

The Menu is the same as yours except it has 4 lines (or is it 3 i dont remember lol). I also have the option of using the 1-6 buttons to "quick search" each buttons skips a % of the songs/artists. It makes searching very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88
    Is the smart attached to anything which keeps it inside of the fog light blank? I'm going to be hardwiring mine just like yours really soon. Thanks!

I used 3m Sticky tape to hold it in.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    The Menu is the same as yours except it has 4 lines (or is it 3 i dont remember lol). I also have the option of using the 1-6 buttons to "quick search" each buttons skips a % of the songs/artists. It makes searching very easy.
    oh, wow, that sounds awesome- so while my menu shows only 1 line at a time, urs shows 3? That's convenient, n so are the quick search butttons. Good luck, n have fun with it. I'm just stoked to not hafta deal with the pesky itrips anymore.
    Grand Visions ~ East Coast
    My N-Body || My CarDomain
    RIP Grand Am 8/2000 - 3/13/2006

2004 WRX

nice work on the radar detector, looks clean.

i would have put it right over the rear view mirror though, just because it seems to be right in your face. hey, if you get xm or sirius you can use my idea =P

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    nice work on the radar detector, looks clean.

i would have put it right over the rear view mirror though, just because it seems to be right in your face. hey, if you get xm or sirius you can use my idea =P

I had it there first, but it kept falling down. The black dots up there keep it from sticking well.

ah good call.

how did it look when u had it there though?

Quote Originally Posted by kingypoo
    ah good call.

how did it look when u had it there though?

Much better

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.