Want your STI seats clean?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Want your STI seats clean? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In a quest to see what works best on the STI seats I have tried Blue Coral and Tuff Stuff. ...

Want your STI seats clean?

In a quest to see what works best on the STI seats I have tried Blue Coral and Tuff Stuff. Both work great but it still don't bring up the mashed in dirt that's in the perforation of the Suede or whatever the blue material is. So today I see DuPont Teflon Carpet/Upholstery cleaner, it's almost $5 a spray bottle and well it's made by DuPont so you cant go wrong! I came home vacuumed the seats and went at it. The directions say to soak liberally and by god I did, and since this is a pump spray with liquid instead of a spray foam the soapy liquid gets down into the perforation holes instead of the other cleaners that are a spray foam that just sits on top of the fabric and over sprays everywhere when you spray it. I let the cleaner sit for about 10 mins, more than the 2-3 that's recommended. Next I took a white microfiber towel (so I can see the dirt on the towel) and rubbed from front to back going only in one direction. The more I wiped the blacker the white towel got! After the initial wiping I took a second clean microfiber towel and blotted up anything soap that's left. Looking at the seats now I cannot believe how clean they are, they look brand new! The cleaner lifted the dirt that was embedded into the perforations and well I am just amazed. Also with the Teflon it is supposed to prevent stains and keep cleaning easier. I would recommend this to anyone with STI seats that need some TLC (tender loving cleaning). Oh and it smells good too!

DuPont™ Teflon™ Carpet/Upholstery Cleaner is the only carpet and upholstery cleaner with unique Teflon® finish protectors. It leaves an invisible non-stick barrier that helps keep your carpet cleaner longer by resisting re-soiling. It also contains tough stain removers designed to take out grease, grime, dust and other tough stains.
    2005 Cobb Stage 2.5 Aspen White WRX w/ Sunroof
    VF34'd - STI TMIC - 565 inj's - Blitz DC III Turbo Timer - Eibach Pro Kits - Rota Torque's 17x8in Wheels Bronze - 245/40-17 Dunlop FM901 tires
    STI JDM Front and Rear Strut Bar's - Greddy EVO 2 Catback- Invidia V2 Downpipe - DC Sports Uppipe
    Cobb AP - DC Sports Short Shifter - STI Seats and Carpet

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice! ill pick up a bottle.

Get 2 bottles... 1 bottle did both front seats since you have to use it liberally. I wonder what it would do for my carpet? LOL! I'd have to get like 5 bottles....
    2005 Cobb Stage 2.5 Aspen White WRX w/ Sunroof
    VF34'd - STI TMIC - 565 inj's - Blitz DC III Turbo Timer - Eibach Pro Kits - Rota Torque's 17x8in Wheels Bronze - 245/40-17 Dunlop FM901 tires
    STI JDM Front and Rear Strut Bar's - Greddy EVO 2 Catback- Invidia V2 Downpipe - DC Sports Uppipe
    Cobb AP - DC Sports Short Shifter - STI Seats and Carpet

Yeah man it works i searched and searched three diffrent places but couldnt find the dupont stuff so i got some upolstery cleaner from scotchgaurd it was a spary bottle alos not that foaming stuff and ill be damned if the white rag i used didtn become dirty as hell and my seats look brand spanking new now
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

WOW one bottle just for the front!?
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Nah i dont know how dirty his seats were but i only used like 20 sprays on my driversa seat and its clean as hell
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

Nah i dont know how dirty his seats were but i only used like 20 sprays on my driversa seat and its clean as hell

nice.. I'll have to get some and see how much dirt I can wipe up. Good find!
    2005 STI - Aspen White -

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2286899

what store did you buy this from?
    WRB 2004 Rex. COBB Stage2 + Loudness
    "Real drivers do it with three pedals."
    MODS...CARSTER

I got mine the ScotchGaurd one from PepBoys

i got mine at Advanced Auto and it took out 6 month old dog puke.
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

nice do you have to clean with water after your done? or just get it up with a cloth?
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

i soaked it up w/ the vacumn after scrubbing in lil circles to bring up the puke
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

yeah i got mine pretty wet then used a brand new cotton cloth and wiped in circles and looked at the cloth and said GODDAMN it works...i do construction so when i come home im dirty and it took out about 2 years of dirtyness and it looks brand new

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.