question about oem alarm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on question about oem alarm within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a 05 sti used and i am wondering how do i tell if it has the oem alarm? ...

dbo

question about oem alarm

I bought a 05 sti used and i am wondering how do i tell if it has the oem alarm? when i lock the doors it chirps. is there anyway with out taking apart anything to see if i have one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zab
    just try setting it off. lock the car with a window down. unlock the car by reaching in the car and unlocking it. then open the door, if the alarm sounds, you have an alarm.

All 02+ WRXs have an alarm. The option was a shock sensor. In 02-04(maybe 05?) this sensor is located just in front of the parking brake handle under the center console. Without taking the console off you could try bumping the car with the alarm set.

dbo
    oh ok thanks alot. i am thinking about gettin a different alarm any sugestions?

I had the Viper 791 XVR on my Cavi and loved it. Plus it has a built in turbo timer. I wouldn't recommend installing remote start if you've got a manual transmission though.

Quote Originally Posted by zab
    just try setting it off. lock the car with a window down. unlock the car by reaching in the car and unlocking it. then open the door, if the alarm sounds, you have an alarm.

Just park your car in central jersey and hide in a bush and it will go off when someone tries to steal it!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXDrummer04
    All 02+ WRXs have an alarm. The option was a shock sensor. In 02-04(maybe 05?) this sensor is located just in front of the parking brake handle under the center console. Without taking the console off you could try bumping the car with the alarm set.
    Funny, my friend's '02 doesn't have an alarm, while mine does. Mine also has the sticker on the rear driver's side window...

Quote Originally Posted by Jhokur
    Funny, my friend's '02 doesn't have an alarm, while mine does. Mine also has the sticker on the rear driver's side window...
    Did he not get a keyfob? If he has a keyfob then he has an alarm. It's a crappy alarm, but still an alarm...

I believe the sticker on the window means you have the shock sensor.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.