Autometer gauges and lights matching the car interior lights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Autometer gauges and lights matching the car interior lights within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; does anyone have those gauges and have changed the stock wrx green to match their gauges?...

Autometer gauges and lights matching the car interior lights

does anyone have those gauges and have changed the stock wrx green to match their gauges?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    i use the Autometer LUNAR series guages...there a pretty close match to the wrx green....

however..ill will be switiching to DEFI soon..so....
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitiveMind
    i use the Autometer LUNAR series guages...there a pretty close match to the wrx green....

...sooo you will be selling your AM gauges on here soon?
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Do you have any pictures of them?

yep......

sorry for the crappy pic...its more green in real life its a little more blue in this pic.....camera phones suck..

if you really want a good pic i can take one for you with my digicam!!

ha ha...tell you what ill sell you my AM gauges...for $$$$ for the DEFI gauge setup...he he he heh eh ha hah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00146.JPG  
    2006 Aspen White STi

they dont look that bad, but cant complain if ya going for defi an pictures to show how they look with the actual speedomater sorry for too many requests

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    I've heard somewhere about the Maddad something gauges. They are fairly inexpensive and match the green.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Not only do the Maddad gauges match the green... they're the only gauges manufactured with an identical font to our stock gauge cluster. Pictures here and here. Both are on NASIOC, unfortunately there hasn't been much hype about the gauges over here on Club WRX.

I've been holding off on gauges for months just to see how these turned out. All the results so far are beyond impressive for the WRX. I bought a 2 gauge package along with the Autometer 2 gauge bezel. They should be arriving Tuesday or Wednesday, and I'll have pictures up as soon as I can.

No, I have no connection to Maddad. I'm just a picky customer, and I've been waiting a long, long time for these gauges to be available.

- Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mugger
    Not only do the Maddad gauges match the green... they're the only gauges manufactured with an identical font to our stock gauge cluster. Pictures here and here. Both are on NASIOC, unfortunately there hasn't been much hype about the gauges over here on Club WRX.

I've been holding off on gauges for months just to see how these turned out. All the results so far are beyond impressive for the WRX. I bought a 2 gauge package along with the Autometer 2 gauge bezel. They should be arriving Tuesday or Wednesday, and I'll have pictures up as soon as I can.

No, I have no connection to Maddad. I'm just a picky customer, and I've been waiting a long, long time for these gauges to be available.

- Brian
    so is it kinda like a defi gauge set up...but wayy more affordable??

im interested.
    2006 Aspen White STi

i like them alot any vender around we could ask for a group buy what do you do with Air/fuel mix i live the one autometer have maddad have anything for that?

im interested.
    Technically... the jury's still out on the quality. They simply haven't been tested/proven "in the field" for the length of time that Defi's been around. Every indication so far is that these are indeed of >= better quality than Defi gauges, though. It's not like Rich/Maddad have a poor reputation, either. They're even backed with a 2 week guarantee post-install. Stepper motors, dimming, power on "sweep', warning indicators... they have every single function all well known high quality gauges do. The "Ti" series (amber/red for the STI) have a full blackout with a tinted face, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCamel
    i like them alot any vender around we could ask for a group buy what do you do with Air/fuel mix i live the one autometer have maddad have anything for that?
    There is a group buy thread (again on NASIOC only, for whatever reason) here for the gauges. Maddad/Daddy's SCP created the gauges, and to my knowledge is the only qualified vendor to purchase them from. Regarding an A/F meter, you'll see brief mention of it in this thread. This "Clarity Ultra" line of gauges is apparently in development still, as you can see the original post by Rich was initially created in February. Later on in the thread he indicates that work progresses on the Ultra line, but no ETA. I honestly have limited knowledge of the Ultra line, as it was a product I was never personally interested in.

I should get some kinda kickback from Daddy's, damnit! Hehe, I've just followed this product line from it's inception, and I'm excited to finally be able to utilize these goodies.

- Brian

im interested.
    It's like a Defi for WRX's not STi's ( Green instead of Red )
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    I've heard somewhere about the Maddad something gauges. They are fairly inexpensive and match the green.

Thats really cool, I am gonna check that sh!it out.
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi

Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h
    It's like a Defi for WRX's not STi's ( Green instead of Red )
    Partially true. There's 2 "versions" of the "Clarity v2" line of gauges. One version is called the v2 "Rx" line, which is green. The v2 "Ti" line is amber/red with a tinted face that does the full (or nearly full) blackout effect. Perfect match for the STI instrument cluster. The brand naming is, unfortunately, pretty confusing, but it makes sense after a bit of research. Basically I think they intended "Rx" = for the WRX and "Ti" for the STI. That's how I look at it, anyway.

- Brian

well it looks like im saving for these!!!!!!!!!!

i just want the boost and Oil temp and sandwhich adapter though...

i have the instrument cluster bezel laying around.....

so i take it that these are 52mm?
    2006 Aspen White STi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast