anybody running 8's between the seats

This is a discussion on anybody running 8's between the seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was thinking that 2 8's wouldn't weigh that much, and the weight will be pretty much right between the ...

anybody running 8's between the seats

I was thinking that 2 8's wouldn't weigh that much, and the weight will be pretty much right between the rear wheels

so here is what I have found so far

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w8-1363sa.htm

That's 1056 cm^3 of linear displacement for less than $120 from parts express

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Earshot
    I was thinking that 2 8's wouldn't weigh that much, and the weight will be pretty much right between the rear wheels

so here is what I have found so far

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w8-1363sa.htm

That's 1056 cm^3 of linear displacement for less than $120 from parts express
    i dont think it will fit down there

Well if you're concerned about weight, from the qts. value, it appears that these subs need a box as well, which is where most of the weight usually is... they probably would sound good in a box though.

If you wanted to go with an infinite baffle type design, look for a qts. between .6 and .8...JL makes (at least I know they used to) subs designed for IB configuration, which could save weight by not needing a box. If I remember right, the JL's have a little less excursion than the woofers you are looking at though, The product line was IB.

I'd try a test sub in that position before committing to anything though...being in the middle of the car, you may get some cancellation going on.

If that positon don't work, I was thinking of looking into putting 8's in the rear doors or possibly the rear deck when the time comes.

Between the back seats, in the trunk.

You can use a lot less material with the 8's, as opposed to my other option of running one 12", behind that little gap, sealing off the back of the back seat, and make a front chamber for the sub as big as the gap between the seats, and that's heavy

I hadn't thought of going IB, but even with that you have to seal the back of the back seats, which would make a nice place to mount the amps..........

I'm still in the rolling ideas around in my head phase; just got the car 5 days ago.

and my test sub is a 10"
    Last edited by Earshot; 05-21-2006 at 10:27 AM.