anybody running 8's between the seats
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on anybody running 8's between the seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was thinking that 2 8's wouldn't weigh that much, and the weight will be pretty much right between the ...

anybody running 8's between the seats

I was thinking that 2 8's wouldn't weigh that much, and the weight will be pretty much right between the rear wheels

so here is what I have found so far

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w8-1363sa.htm

That's 1056 cm^3 of linear displacement for less than $120 from parts express

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Earshot
    I was thinking that 2 8's wouldn't weigh that much, and the weight will be pretty much right between the rear wheels

so here is what I have found so far

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w8-1363sa.htm

That's 1056 cm^3 of linear displacement for less than $120 from parts express
    i dont think it will fit down there

Well if you're concerned about weight, from the qts. value, it appears that these subs need a box as well, which is where most of the weight usually is... they probably would sound good in a box though.

If you wanted to go with an infinite baffle type design, look for a qts. between .6 and .8...JL makes (at least I know they used to) subs designed for IB configuration, which could save weight by not needing a box. If I remember right, the JL's have a little less excursion than the woofers you are looking at though, The product line was IB.

I'd try a test sub in that position before committing to anything though...being in the middle of the car, you may get some cancellation going on.

If that positon don't work, I was thinking of looking into putting 8's in the rear doors or possibly the rear deck when the time comes.

Between the back seats, in the trunk.

You can use a lot less material with the 8's, as opposed to my other option of running one 12", behind that little gap, sealing off the back of the back seat, and make a front chamber for the sub as big as the gap between the seats, and that's heavy

I hadn't thought of going IB, but even with that you have to seal the back of the back seats, which would make a nice place to mount the amps..........

I'm still in the rolling ideas around in my head phase; just got the car 5 days ago.

and my test sub is a 10"
    Last edited by Earshot; 05-21-2006 at 11:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.