Wagon Owners need Opinions Please

This is a discussion on Wagon Owners need Opinions Please within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so we are working on the wagon amp rack and ran into a bit of a problem. The model ...

Wagon Owners need Opinions Please

Ok so we are working on the wagon amp rack and ran into a bit of a problem. The model we made replaces the factory cargo tray that sits over the spare. Our amp rack sits about 1/4 of an inch above the spare. The problem we didn't notice sooner is to do with the actual cover that hinges and covers that up. It is not totally flat on the underneath side. It has some areas that hang down into the amp rack space making it hard to put large amps in there.

We can't make the amp rack any lower or else you'll lose the spare. Right now you can fit anything that is about 2.375 inches max height. If it's taller it will hit the cover. We're thinking about making a new cover to replace the factory one that will have better ventilation and allow for taller amps. It will raise that portion of the floor a bit but it would be strong enough to still support stuff.

Here's a couple of pics of the original and our black gelcoat version. Let us know what you guys think! We're trying to make it work for multiple amps.

"I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Old-ish thread, I know.

You know I'm waiting on the final product here, and will probably be one of the first in line to buy one. I think that a new cover (with ventilation) is a fine idea. If nothing else, it'll let me show off the hardware

For more room, you could replace the part to the left of the spare cover. There's some more foam with molded parts for the jack handle there. It might be a bit more work to replace (since the cover doesn't just pop out), but not that bad.
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

Thanks for the input. We are having a couple of changes made on the mold at our Fiberglass subcontractor. We have also started a grill cover that is probably going to be made out of perf'd aluminum. Basically a million litle holes punched out. Ventilation was definately a huge consideration. We will keep the thread updated.

Nick
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net