HELP: passenger side window not working
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP: passenger side window not working within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First off I have a 04 WRX wagon. The pass front window is not working, neither going up nor down. ...

HELP: passenger side window not working

First off I have a 04 WRX wagon. The pass front window is not working, neither going up nor down. Also the master driver side switch will not operate the window. The window lock is not on. Some background: I just replaced the pass side front door card with a new one due to some slight imperfections with the original. While taking the door card off the pass window switch came apart and I lost the small ball bearings, springs, and rocker plate inside the switch that make the electrical contacts for the window switch. I purchased a used switch and tried it on my car and still the window is not working. All other windows are working so it is just isolated to the pass front. I then took the missing pieces from my newer switch and rebuilt my original as i do not know how much use was on the one i bought for a replacement (even though it also came off an 04 and did not show any signs of worn contacts). This rebuilt switch is not working as well. My thought was it could possible be a fuse but my owners does not show any fuses or circuit breakers for the windows and I pulled all the fuses inside the cabin and under the hood and none were blown. Are there fuses/ circuit bereakers for the window? If so where are they located. I tried searching but did not come up with any info. Also any other ideas as to why the window is not working? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to give as much info as I know already. Thanks in advance for your help
    04 PSM wagon Stg2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow, nice novel.
    I stopped reading after line one....
    Question for ya,
    1. is your drivers window working? if not take out the control fron the door and plug in the window control that should fix it.
    2. if its a fuse all your windows wont work
    3. did you buy a NEW passanger window control switch yet?
    4. if still not working your motor might be broken.

you've prob tryed all this but just on case
    NewEnglandF4

Yes the post was a little long but I jus wanted to put out all the info that I knew already.
    As to your questions:
    1: The driver window does work. Only the passenger side front does not.
    2: I am looking for a wiring diagram as I did not know if there are seperate fuses/circuit breakers for each window. I know each had a relay.
    3: I tried a new switch and also rebult a switch with working components and they do not work.
    4: Is there a way to test the motor? Can I jump the pin outs to make to motor work? I would need a wiring diagram for this as I do not know what each pin out if for
    04 PSM wagon Stg2

Quote Originally Posted by KGAWDTSi
    Yes the post was a little long but I jus wanted to put out all the info that I knew already.
    As to your questions:
    1: The driver window does work. Only the passenger side front does not.
    2: I am looking for a wiring diagram as I did not know if there are seperate fuses/circuit breakers for each window. I know each had a relay.
    3: I tried a new switch and also rebult a switch with working components and they do not work.
    4: Is there a way to test the motor? Can I jump the pin outs to make to motor work? I would need a wiring diagram for this as I do not know what each pin out if for
    yes, find the motor and grab power and ground, send a quick 12v through...might give an answer...be careful a kid a work with was doing this to his civic and he zapped himself real good. never hurd him screem before that happend
    NewEnglandF4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoxWRX
    yes, find the motor and grab power and ground, send a quick 12v through...might give an answer...be careful a kid a work with was doing this to his civic and he zapped himself real good. never hurd him screem before that happend
    He zapped himself with 12v?

What ever happened to, take the door panel off and use a test light to see if the motor is getting power?? Try it. It works.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He zapped himself with 12v?
    i think he got power from his ign. harness and he burnt his thumb real good
    NewEnglandF4

I am not very good with electronics. But I did have the door card off and a fellow member here sent me a wiring diagram for the power windows. It appears that the switch is working as it is sending power to the elec. connector going to the motor. Power is alos coming out of the connection.

How difficult is it to remove the motor as I cannot test the motor when it is in the door since I am unable to get to the wiring at the motor? If I pull the motor out when I reinstall it would the window alignment be off?
    04 PSM wagon Stg2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RSoxWRX
    i think he got power from his ign. harness and he burnt his thumb real good
    Bump!!! For the first time in over a decade of wrenching, I zapped myself with 12 volt! I was changing the alternator on my truck, and somehow touched the hot wire, and grounded myself just the right way!

Bump!!! For the first time in over a decade of wrenching, I zapped myself with 12 volt! I was changing the alternator on my truck, and somehow touched the hot wire, and grounded myself just the right way!
    How did that feel?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    How did that feel?
    Not that bad. The worst is getting zapped by a plug wire.

Not that bad. The worst is getting zapped by a plug wire.
    uh ya
    06 OBP WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by KGAWDTSi
    I am not very good with electronics. But I did have the door card off and a fellow member here sent me a wiring diagram for the power windows. It appears that the switch is working as it is sending power to the elec. connector going to the motor. Power is alos coming out of the connection.

How difficult is it to remove the motor as I cannot test the motor when it is in the door since I am unable to get to the wiring at the motor? If I pull the motor out when I reinstall it would the window alignment be off?
    you could try holding the switch while giving the motor a slight tap with a wrench or something, nothing to excessive. I've done that a few times on window motors and starters.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

If someone could send me that diagram for the windows I would really appriciate it. Last night my drivers side window jumped off its track or something, when it goes up it does not line up and leaves a crack near the sides. Also other then the dealer anyone know where you can get a new window mount?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.