Wanted: Gauges that light up blue

This is a discussion on Wanted: Gauges that light up blue within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My next mod might be an a-pillar and gauges. I was looking at the defi-link BF gauges, but I found ...

Wanted: Gauges that light up blue

My next mod might be an a-pillar and gauges. I was looking at the defi-link BF gauges, but I found out they're metric.

Next choice was Autometer Cobalt gauges, but they don't have the oil temp gauge that I want.

Gauge features I want: boost in PSI, temp in F, and light up blue or white at night (NO green!). I think the a-pillars only come in 52mm size. I'm undecided on black or white faces.

Any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Apex'i EL gauges in mechanical form can be had that read in PSI and Farenheit...

The white-faced gauges light up wholly in indiglo blue, the black-faced gauges have numbers that shine in the same color...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by is2scooby
    Apex'i EL gauges in mechanical form can be had that read in PSI and Farenheit...

The white-faced gauges light up wholly in indiglo blue, the black-faced gauges have numbers that shine in the same color...
    Just went to their site...their gauges are in metric. Boost gauges reads kPa. =( They look good though.

I'll even settle for gauges I can take apart and change the light. Everybody feel free to post pics. =) So far I'm leaning toward Autometer Cobalts, only they don't have oil temp. I hope they come out with it eventually.

Side note: Why is there such a big price range in gauges? I saw some electronic gauges on summitracing for $60, yet Blitz and Autometer Cobalts are $200.

The mechanical gauges can be had in imperial units.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

i have the autometer phantoms..i backlit em with blue leds...it looks soo cool. Really easy to do...i just put 2 leds in each one with a resistor...and i have my reverse indiglo gauges in my dash from procarparts.com

Try this link, there is alot of different gauges there:

http://www.mn3s.org/gauges.html
    Its all about "Love and Respect"

PNG
    Nordskog/Intellitronix gauges have blue LED backlighting... Got a couple of them in my Syclone.

Originally posted by PNG
    Nordskog/Intellitronix gauges have blue LED backlighting... Got a couple of them in my Syclone.
    Know a site for them? Where could I buy them?

PNG
    Summit carries them, although they don't catalog them online... Check out http://www.nordskogperformance.com/ to take a look at the gauges and get part numbers, then go to www.summitracing.com and type in "NRD-XXXXX" in their part number search (replacing the X's with the part number, of course) to get pricing and order them.

I might be spelling it wrong but I seem to remember that Onmori gauges had a blue backlight that matched the new VW dash.

I TXS sells them so you might check there.
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

TXS = TurboXS? I looked at their site but couldn't find anything.

Verbal,

Yes I meant TurboXS. I have never seen it on the website but when I was at their location a few months ago I saw some in a display case (I think).

Your best bet is to call them.

Here is a link to the gauges I am talking about.
    http://www.omori-na.com/catalog/vehi...fic/VAGOEM.htm

They also have OEM look-a-like gauges for the WRX center pod
    http://www.omori-na.com/catalog/vehi...fic/triple.htm

Happy hunting, please post up a pic when you are done.

John
    Run Forest, Run
    04 Java Black 5Mt XT

I really don't like how those are mechanical. And it says they light white, not blue.

Looks like I'm going with Cobalt gauges, as long as they come out with an oil temp. Or maybe AC Technics, but I can't find anybody that sells them.

And I'm still undecided if I want black or white faces. Black would match the other gauges, but white doesn't look too bad next to the light grey pillar.