i need some serious help!!!!

This is a discussion on i need some serious help!!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i need some help with a 3 gauge pod to replace the clock , and boost , egt and a/f ...

Thumbs up i need some serious help!!!!

i need some help with a 3 gauge pod to replace the clock , and boost , egt and a/f gauges . now i know the a/f isnt a good choice but thats what what given to me . now i need to know the best place to tap in for my egt probe . the best place to install my a/f so it will give me the best reading . wether to use the bov or the intake manifold to put my boost line from . and finally where to put the ground and power wires so that i get the brightest gauges without interfering with the brightness of the rest of the cars gauges. thanks a lot guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

remove the radio

there's a harness behind your radio...its for the factory gauges. you can use that for gauge lights. it will dim with your dash and turn on with your headlights.

I tapped the cigarette lighter with vampire clips for switched power to power the gauges themselves (NOT the lights). this is also accessable with the radio out.

boost gauge is Tee'd off the BOV vaccum line. Best place for EGT's is the #4 cylinder, although some people will put it on the #3 because that side of the manifold comes out durring uppipe swap. #3 cylinder usually goes from mechanical failure (heat from the turbo...can't do much about that) the #4 is the worst for lean condition. A:F is usually tapped on the DP right behind the turbo. I'd reccomend dumping the A:F and getting oil pressure instead...or ammeter if the oil pressure is out of your budget. the ammeter requires no external connections and actually tells you something useful.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself