Swapping 06 TR seats for 06 WRX seats?

This is a discussion on Swapping 06 TR seats for 06 WRX seats? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If i swap my 06 tr seats for 06 regular wrx seats, will i disrupt any of the airbag modules ...

Swapping 06 TR seats for 06 WRX seats?

If i swap my 06 tr seats for 06 regular wrx seats, will i disrupt any of the airbag modules or anything?
    will the airbags and everything work correctly and is there anyway to checking?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the sensors should be the same...they unplug so you SHOULD be able to just unplug the seat, and plug in the new one....as for testing...you could always just drive it into a wall...just make sure you're going over 40 MPH...I think that's when the airbags deploy...it would suck to have to do it more than once.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

haha, that was funny, but i mean that if the airbag light doesn't go on and the passenger sensor works, then everything should be working, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lilneel12
    haha, that was funny, but i mean that if the airbag light doesn't go on and the passenger sensor works, then everything should be working, right?
    in theory yes. but its one of those Schroedinger's Cat kind of things....there's only one way to find out for sure. Until then it exists in an undetermined state of working AND not working at the same time.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

If you are gonna swap seats, DO NOT turn the ignition on with the seats unplugged. More than likely you'll have to go to dealership to get the airbag light turned off. I Highly recommend disconnecting neg. battery terminal before you do the swap.

well, the airbag light should turn off once i plug the airbags in since it is an 06 with the same bags and sensors, right?
    also do you think asking subie dealer mechanics this would help, or would they even really know?
    also in theory, shouldn't it be the same thing as a person with an 05 swaping thier wrx seats with 05 sti seats, 05's still have side airbags.
    Last edited by lilneel12; 05-06-2006 at 08:50 AM.

no sir, what I mean is if you turn the ignition on with the seats unplugged, it will send an error code to the ecm or the bcm and you'll have to go to the dealer to get it reset. Just disconnect the neg. battery terminal before you start and don't reconnect till the new seats are plugged in and you should be okay.

oh yea, i knew that, but thanks

Sorry for hijacking this thread but my question is very similar to the one originaly posted...
    If i were to put STi seats (with out the passanger airbag sensor, i think the 06 is the first year to come with this feature) in my 06, is there anyway into tricking the sensor into always staying on?

I' ve worked on some Fords that where pre-wired for airbags but did not have airbag seats. They had a dummy plug plugged into the end of the harness that contained some sort of resistor or diode to trick the bcm or ecm into not sending an error code. Now if Subaru offers something along those lines I don't know. That would be a question for a Subaru tech to answer.