Has anyone definitively found out...

This is a discussion on Has anyone definitively found out... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What size speakers are in the 2006 Wrx's yet? Crutchfield doesn't know, Car Domain doesn't know.... lol...

Has anyone definitively found out...

What size speakers are in the 2006 Wrx's yet?

Crutchfield doesn't know, Car Domain doesn't know.... lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First, i think it depends on the package. I got the tweeter kit with mine, so my 06 has 6 1/2 in the front, and 5 1/4 in the rear. My frined, who didnt get the tweeter package, has 5 1/4 in the front and 4 in the rear. Eaither way, if your gonna repalce them, 6 1/2 will fit fine in the front, and 5 1/4s will fit fine in the rear.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx
    First, i think it depends on the package. I got the tweeter kit with mine, so my 06 has 6 1/2 in the front, and 5 1/4 in the rear. My frined, who didnt get the tweeter package, has 5 1/4 in the front and 4 in the rear. Eaither way, if your gonna repalce them, 6 1/2 will fit fine in the front, and 5 1/4s will fit fine in the rear.

The tweeters are right by the door handles, and nocturnal you have a TR ,right?
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Yeah, if you are going to replace them and you have 5 1/4 cut out the wholes for 6.5's. You can get so much better sound with 6.5's than with 5.25's.

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1
    You can get so much better sound with 6.5's than with 5.25's.
    +1 on the speakers... yes, i have a TR, and yes, the tweeters are right by the door handles. If you replace the speakers in the front, make sure that u replace the whole componant system, and that it is 4 ohms, if your gonna run off the head unit.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004