Speakers for 2004 WRX Wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Speakers for 2004 WRX Wagon within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Good Morning, I started sound deadening my car this weekend. I did the trunk/hatch on my 2004 WRX Wagon. I ...

Speakers for 2004 WRX Wagon

Good Morning,

I started sound deadening my car this weekend. I did the trunk/hatch on my 2004 WRX Wagon.

I was going to start doing the doors and thought.... why not upgrade the speakers while I have the panels off.

I previously upgraded the HU to the Pioneer DEH-P9600MP CD/MP3/WMA Receiver. I hooked it up to their XM tuner and really like it (although on a side note I was unsuccessful in customizing the "screensaver" on the unit...need to try that again...)

Anyway, I was just thinking of doing the front and rear door speakers at this time.

I was looking for decent speakers (we have tweeters up front too right?) that would fit without fuss and were in the middle price-wise.

I was thinking of brands like Boston Acoustic, Polk, etc. I listen to everything from talk, classic rock, to the newer stuff. I value clarity of "loudness" but don't want a shrill speaker.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. As stated I just want to hook up new speakers to the old wires, and without much fuss.

I appreciate your thoughts......
    2004 Red WRX Wagon
    18G (Protuned)
    293 whp
    285 wtq
    Many, many other mods.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Being a fan of very clean audio, i would have to reccommend Infinity speakers for your replacements. The fronts are componants (midrange's and tweeters) and the rears are just multi-elements. The infinity kappa series is an EXCELLENT upgrade for all of the speakers and i would highly reccommend them!!! I have an 06 sedan, and the fronts are 6 1/2 and the rears are 5 1/4... however, i believe that the earlier models have 5 1/4 in the front with 4 1/2 in the rears... can anyone validate this???
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.