Speakers for 2004 WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on Speakers for 2004 WRX Wagon within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Good Morning, I started sound deadening my car this weekend. I did the trunk/hatch on my 2004 WRX Wagon. I ...

Speakers for 2004 WRX Wagon

Good Morning,

I started sound deadening my car this weekend. I did the trunk/hatch on my 2004 WRX Wagon.

I was going to start doing the doors and thought.... why not upgrade the speakers while I have the panels off.

I previously upgraded the HU to the Pioneer DEH-P9600MP CD/MP3/WMA Receiver. I hooked it up to their XM tuner and really like it (although on a side note I was unsuccessful in customizing the "screensaver" on the unit...need to try that again...)

Anyway, I was just thinking of doing the front and rear door speakers at this time.

I was looking for decent speakers (we have tweeters up front too right?) that would fit without fuss and were in the middle price-wise.

I was thinking of brands like Boston Acoustic, Polk, etc. I listen to everything from talk, classic rock, to the newer stuff. I value clarity of "loudness" but don't want a shrill speaker.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. As stated I just want to hook up new speakers to the old wires, and without much fuss.

I appreciate your thoughts......
    2004 Red WRX Wagon
    18G (Protuned)
    293 whp
    285 wtq
    Many, many other mods.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Being a fan of very clean audio, i would have to reccommend Infinity speakers for your replacements. The fronts are componants (midrange's and tweeters) and the rears are just multi-elements. The infinity kappa series is an EXCELLENT upgrade for all of the speakers and i would highly reccommend them!!! I have an 06 sedan, and the fronts are 6 1/2 and the rears are 5 1/4... however, i believe that the earlier models have 5 1/4 in the front with 4 1/2 in the rears... can anyone validate this???
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004