Cobb short shifter lever?

This is a discussion on Cobb short shifter lever? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got the option of the short throw shifter when i bought my wagon and Im thinking about getting the ...

Cobb short shifter lever?

I got the option of the short throw shifter when i bought my wagon and Im thinking about getting the Cobb short throw lever. Does anyone else have this setup? Is there any gain from the already short throw shifter and getting the Cobb lever? Im mainly looking for more weight and a shorter throw.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was going to ask the pretty much the same question - does anyone run the Cobb adjustable short shifter? It sounds pretty cool on their website, wondering how it feels in the real world. Should I go Cobb, Kartboy, or another one?

Have it and love it!
    I also have the short shifter option from the factory.
    The stick feels much less rubbery, almost rifle-bolt like (clich&#233 and it's about 2" from gear to gear! (1-2, 3-4, ect.)

With the throw set as short as possible, the stick is about 1" lower than stock. If you go with long throws (ie. stock) the knob is almost level with the trim.

I defiantly recommend getting this shifter to anyone who likes short throws.

Now I just have to get the shifter bushings...

Im running the whole stage 1 drivetrain package, easy to install and what a difference. Make sure you have a rubber or plastic hammer so you dont mess up the threads.

for the money its a great mod.
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by WRXDrummer04
    I defiantly recommend getting this shifter to anyone who likes short throws.
    And just who would you be defying?
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

defiantly

should be definitely.

Sorry my brain was not working.

Smart> Me (or me = stupid)

The Cobb adjustable shifter is probably great, because everything that Cobb makes is great (and greatly overengineered!!!) It seems a bit overkill to me, and i am prefectly happy with my kartboy ss w/ bushings... kartboy + bushings + new shift knob = Much more resposive transmission with nicer throws
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

I have 06 wrb tr, Installed cobb double adjustable short throw. I love it and a few guys I know through kysubaruclub say that it is considerably shorter than an STI short throw. Very short, crisp and no trouble ingaging.