wiring kit

This is a discussion on wiring kit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I'm looking for a wiring kit for my two amps: Alpine MRD-M605 - fuse rating 30A X 2 Alpine ...

wiring kit

So, I'm looking for a wiring kit for my two amps:
    Alpine MRD-M605 - fuse rating 30A X 2
    Alpine MRP-F250 - fuse rating 15A X 2

Which wiring kit should I get? 4 or 8 guage? Also, for the 250 crutchfield recommends a 10-gauge power and ground leads kit and a 8 guage for the 605. Do I need to get two different kits? Also, do I need a kit with a fuse rating over 60?

Thanks for your help guys, as you can tell I'm a total idiot when it comes to this stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's been a few years since I've messed with this stuff, but I dont think you can go too thick with wires, but you CAN go too thin. So you can just use the thicker power/ground leads on both of them, even though one recommends a thinner kit. Just don't use a THINNER wire than what's recommended.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Use 4 ga. for sure. You could run a 10 and an 8, but you'll need 2 fuse holders by the battery. If you run 4 ga. you'll need just 1 fuse up front, but will need a distro block in the back. That way if you ever buy bigger amps you'll still have proper size wire to run them. Stinger makes a nice 4 ga. kit. JL audio has a nice 2 ga. kit, but its a little on the pricey side. The JL kit comes with a distro block and the stinger does not.