wiring kit
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wiring kit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, I'm looking for a wiring kit for my two amps: Alpine MRD-M605 - fuse rating 30A X 2 Alpine ...

wiring kit

So, I'm looking for a wiring kit for my two amps:
    Alpine MRD-M605 - fuse rating 30A X 2
    Alpine MRP-F250 - fuse rating 15A X 2

Which wiring kit should I get? 4 or 8 guage? Also, for the 250 crutchfield recommends a 10-gauge power and ground leads kit and a 8 guage for the 605. Do I need to get two different kits? Also, do I need a kit with a fuse rating over 60?

Thanks for your help guys, as you can tell I'm a total idiot when it comes to this stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's been a few years since I've messed with this stuff, but I dont think you can go too thick with wires, but you CAN go too thin. So you can just use the thicker power/ground leads on both of them, even though one recommends a thinner kit. Just don't use a THINNER wire than what's recommended.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Use 4 ga. for sure. You could run a 10 and an 8, but you'll need 2 fuse holders by the battery. If you run 4 ga. you'll need just 1 fuse up front, but will need a distro block in the back. That way if you ever buy bigger amps you'll still have proper size wire to run them. Stinger makes a nice 4 ga. kit. JL audio has a nice 2 ga. kit, but its a little on the pricey side. The JL kit comes with a distro block and the stinger does not.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.