Tweaking Stock Audio

This is a discussion on Tweaking Stock Audio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just picked up my 03 this week, needless to say it's GREAT Anyways, the stock audio is really really ...

Tweaking Stock Audio

I just picked up my 03 this week, needless to say it's GREAT Anyways, the stock audio is really really bad. I love the headunit and want to keep the in-dash changer, but can I swap out all four speakers as well as add an amp to power the speakers? That's all I really want, I don't want a new deck and don't really want a sub either. Does the stock headunit have preouts? I'm assuming so since you can get an optional factory amp/sub.
    03 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have added EQ, 2 amps, cap and 1 12" sub with factory sound.
    Sounds 100% better, but looking for factory upgraded speakers.
    Your signature sucks

facory speakers suck! even the upgraded ones. i have 4 180 watt pioneers in my prelude that i bought for 100 bux from www.millionbuy.com they sound so good!

I think that the powered sub that comes from 'buru has a special connector (not preamp)... so I think you'll have to get a line-level conversion for a sub if you want one. Otherwise, upgraded speakers (polk or alpine maybe) should serve you good.
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)