Tweaking Stock Audio
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tweaking Stock Audio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just picked up my 03 this week, needless to say it's GREAT Anyways, the stock audio is really really ...

Tweaking Stock Audio

I just picked up my 03 this week, needless to say it's GREAT Anyways, the stock audio is really really bad. I love the headunit and want to keep the in-dash changer, but can I swap out all four speakers as well as add an amp to power the speakers? That's all I really want, I don't want a new deck and don't really want a sub either. Does the stock headunit have preouts? I'm assuming so since you can get an optional factory amp/sub.
    03 WRB WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have added EQ, 2 amps, cap and 1 12" sub with factory sound.
    Sounds 100% better, but looking for factory upgraded speakers.
    Your signature sucks

facory speakers suck! even the upgraded ones. i have 4 180 watt pioneers in my prelude that i bought for 100 bux from www.millionbuy.com they sound so good!

I think that the powered sub that comes from 'buru has a special connector (not preamp)... so I think you'll have to get a line-level conversion for a sub if you want one. Otherwise, upgraded speakers (polk or alpine maybe) should serve you good.
    --Damon

'04 Black 1.8t GTI
    (O8o)===W===(o8O)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.