HUD Retrofit?

This is a discussion on HUD Retrofit? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone think it would be possible to retrofit a HUD from another mfr (Pontiac/GM) into a WRX? I think ...

HUD Retrofit?

Does anyone think it would be possible to retrofit a HUD from another mfr (Pontiac/GM) into a WRX? I think it would be a pretty good challenge to get all the original functionality (speed, tach, fuel, etc..) by splicing it into the correct leads and sensors in the WRX.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    HUD boost gauge/turbo timer

Though the link is for boost gauge...a HUD speedo/tach is available

Yeah, I've seen all the Defi HUD gauges, but none of them really incorporate all of the features together. They're definately made for an add-on display to supplement your main cluster. I'd like to look into the HUD replacing the main cluster by picking up all the same functions possibly.

WRXorcist, this would be an incredibly impressive project, were you to pull it off. If you decide to start working on it, pretty please keep good notes and take lots of photos along the way so others can follow in your footsteps....

This sounds like something I would try to do... if I had any electronic skills...
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

Agreed!

I'd love to offer input/help/brainstorming but my electronics/stereo/interior modification experience is zilch-o.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'