Vaccum Line Routing...

This is a discussion on Vaccum Line Routing... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, im about to install my boost gauge and single pillar pod today and i got a couple ?'s. will ...

Vaccum Line Routing...

ok, im about to install my boost gauge and single pillar pod today and i got a couple ?'s. will i have to drill into the stock a pillar? and also, i know that the the vaccum linr can be ran to that grommet under the clutch pedal. but where do you route all that extra line?

thanks Manny
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't know about drilling the hole, but just cut the extra off.

i guess i worded the question wrong so... where do i route the vaccum line from the boost gauge so it looks clean and basically not seen. coming from the a pillar where could i route it?
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

Ok...you WILL have to drill the pillar for the electricals/vaccum hose. Most of them also require drilling of holes for mounting screws to the pillar. I wouldn't trust 2-sided tape.

eaiest way to get a "clean" install is to pull the pillar off, drop the vaccum line down from the pillar, between the body and the dashboard, and pull it down. Use zip-ties to secure it to just about anything, but don't pull too tight and try to not cross over too many wires or you may end up with a kink in the line. The gromet behind the clutch pedal will work just fine, but the OEM vaccum line is routed from somewhere else

You should be able to find OEM boost gauge install instructions somewhere and see where Subaru says you should route the vaccum line...although the one behind the clutch works too. Easiest way to get it through there and still have a "seal" is to cut the gromet radius-wise...in other words put in one straight cut from the center to the outer egde, fit it around the vaccum line (after it has been installed, and then work the gromet back in place, with the vaccum hose sticking through the cut.

check this out: no vaccum gague here, but same idea.

The OTHER Blarg mod: IC sprayer - part 1, the gauges
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

looking the the center of the engine bay there is a 2nd groumet behind the intercooler to the left in the wrx atleast should be there for the rs as well