rattle rattle rattle Make it stop!

This is a discussion on rattle rattle rattle Make it stop! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have an 06 wagon. I've tracked the rattle down and it's the cargo cover thinger I have. I ...

rattle rattle rattle Make it stop!

So I have an 06 wagon. I've tracked the rattle down and it's the cargo cover thinger I have. I know I could just take it out and that would solve the problem but I like to have it for the out of sight out of mind factor considering I usually have my $600 pair of skates back there. (not blades actually quads there much better ) Any ways I've thought of padding all the attach points or something like that but just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and how they fixed it. Thanks for any help in advance!
    owner of a stock (for now) 2005 WRB WRX limited.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an occasional rattle from back there, too. I would just put some thin padding or something where the bar inserts.

Also, if you don't have a rear strut tower bar yet, they can really stiffen things up in the back of a wagon and possibly reduce rattles. Either way, your handling will improve.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I have found the same issue with mine. It does it on every bump in the road. I just tracked it down to where the bar slips into that plastic end cap. I tucked a piece of cardboard in there to tighten it up to see if that was indeed the problem. Solved it completely. I will have to work on a more durable and permanent fix.

a rattle is always from two items contacting each other and the only way to stop it is to separate them with some sort of cushioning (closed cell foam, spray foam, non hardening clay etc...).

I'd grab some ensolite from raamaudio and not only use some to stop your rattle but help with road noise as it helps masking it quite a bit.