I Wanna keep the clock!!! (plus guage mounting advice)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I Wanna keep the clock!!! (plus guage mounting advice) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Greetings everyone.... My three Autometer C2s came in today.... the clock replacement pod should be in my this weekend. With ...

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar

I Wanna keep the clock!!! (plus guage mounting advice)

Greetings everyone....

My three Autometer C2s came in today.... the clock replacement pod should be in my this weekend. With any luck, I'll hook them all up this weekend.

My question....... I really don't care about the clock, but I would like to keep the airbag indicator, which on my 06, is part of the same unit.

I "THINK" I can just dislodge the clock/airbag indicator from the back of the factory panel.... and my plan was to mount in in the empty bin under the stereo.

1) Any reason I would have a problem with this? (I've never removed that panel yet, so I don't know what I'll find under there.

2) Whats the easiest way to get the original clock pod off? Does it just "pop" off like the stereo plate? Do I need to get at it from underneath, or can I just pry it up from the top of the dash?

3) The A/F gauge is easy..... the boost guage is easy too. The oil pressure gauge is easy..... if I only knew where to hook it up to. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks everyone!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my car is an 05 so i only have the clock part, i made a longer connection and put the clock in the ashtray (dont smoke) but here is what i did FWIW
    tools: flat tip screwdriver, wire snips, 4x 1 1/2 ft lengths of 16ga wire, 8 butt connectors, crimpers, electrical tape
    1. pop the factory clock piece off. just pry gently from the front and pull forward
    2. w/ a flat tip screwdriver undo the 2 fasteners holding the clock in place
    3. disconnect the clock
    4 cut the wires about 3in behind the connector
    5 connect the 4 lengths of wire and crimp tightly
    6. do the same to the piece that connects to the clock
    7 tape up the wires so it is nice and clean
    8. unscrew the shift knob and take off the console
    9. feed the wire threw the hole where the ashtray used to be
    10. push the clock into the new mounting position and put the console back to gether.
    your done.
    i know this is not goin to be the same for you put the wiring shouldnt be that much different and you might have to find a different place to put it, but this could help someone else.
    http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...agon/clock.jpg
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph
    of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmond Burke
    "I don't think you will"
    05CGMWagon

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    PM Aspen524 i think r the numbers, he did this.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Guess the oil pressure guage isn't quite as easy as I thought..... far from a SBC.

Of course... no SBC I ever worked on had an intercooler.

I really have to remove the intercooler huh? Bummer.

Work starts thsi weekend.... I'll post pics when I'm done.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.