Bucket Seats

This is a discussion on Bucket Seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just curious when you get aftermarket bucket seats does it affect the side airbags? Thanks. (04 WRB)...

Bucket Seats

Just curious when you get aftermarket bucket seats does it affect the side airbags? Thanks. (04 WRB)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    In the sense that they no longer exist (since you removed them with your works seat), the circuit reports a fault (that you will have to cover up using a resistor) and you will no longer have the benefit of side air bags (that people go and pay extra for in other cars, and with good reason), yes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

is there anywhere in which i can get some seat covers that look nice but don't block the side air bags?

I Support ClubWRX
    There should be suppliers for leather around, I know there were for the 02 seats. Depending on how much you want to spend, you might simply buy a set of seats from someone not interested in their safety that got aftermarket buckets lacking airbags. Then you'd just have a spare set...
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Leather covered seats after the bugeye modesl don't look so good, they tend to have a ricey appearance (think NOS seat covers). Why don't you try to find some used STi seats. They'll look fantastic on WRB.
    New England F4
    -----------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE!!!

VF22/FMIC/UTEC/Pinks/ACT/STi RA's/Apex'i N1 Type-V's - Tuned at XXTuning, 270 WHP/ 270 TQ @ 18.5psi. 12.697@ 108.95

So JDM Impreza seats would be copasetic to install? I mean, they'd replace your original side airbags with airbags in the new seats, right?
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think so. You'll have to check the seats per model. The works US STi seats should have the bags though.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    In the sense that they no longer exist
    That's so philosophical

Does the fact that I'm no longer breathing increase the chances that I'll die?
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

I don't think so. You'll have to check the seats per model. The works US STi seats should have the bags though.
    Aha! I gotcha. I was thinking '06, not '04. I'll check out the newer JDM seats to find out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    That's so philosophical

Does the fact that I'm no longer breathing increase the chances that I'll die?
    I'd think you're past that and onto the next special stage if you're done breathing...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Aha! I gotcha. I was thinking '06, not '04. I'll check out the newer JDM seats to find out.
    Are you thin? I haven't been for decades and the US seats seem much more likely to fit me... Just something to keep in mind while shopping.

Are you thin? I haven't been for decades and the US seats seem much more likely to fit me... Just something to keep in mind while shopping.
    I'm pretty thin, now. 6'1" and 165 lbs or so. That's why I'm interested, 'cause the USDM seats are a little wide for me, anymore (I used to be about 250). Back when I was heavier, they'd probably be a little on the small side. It's all relative, as much of life is!