2017 WRX interior screen Auto-Dim question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2017 WRX interior screen Auto-Dim question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, been reading these forums for a while, but this is my first time posting. Hopefully this is the ...

2017 WRX interior screen Auto-Dim question

Hey everyone, been reading these forums for a while, but this is my first time posting. Hopefully this is the right category. On my 2017 WRX (premium), you can adjust the brightness on the center screen. I push settings, go to the screen icon, and then I am given the option of brightness, and a choice between "Day Mode", "Night Mode", or "Auto." Auto, however, doesn't work. It will be pitch dark outside, I will have my headlights on, and yet the screen is still blasting in my face practically blinding me, while on "Auto" brightness. Is there any fix to this or will I have to go to the dealer? I know I can manually turn it on "Night Mode" every time I get in the car, this just seems like a pain and not something I would like to have to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

On the left of your trunk button, there is an illumination setting. Mine was all the way max when I picked up my car, and it doesn't allow the auto dim. Turn down the setting and it should operate as normal
    2017 WRX Premium (Lovin' It)
    2015 GMC Sierra - All Terrain (Traded)
    2014 Ford Mustang (Traded)
    2011 Kia Optima LX (Traded)

Thank you, that solved the problem.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.