Mods for rear interior rattle?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mods for rear interior rattle? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 16 WRX and the amount of plastic that is in the car, especially behind the rear seats, ...

Mods for rear interior rattle?

I have a 16 WRX and the amount of plastic that is in the car, especially behind the rear seats, rattles like crazy when driving at low RPM's or making turns. Anybody have any advice on how to minimize the rattle noise (other than turn radio up)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take apart rear deck, apply dynamat or even synthetic (non fiber glass) insulation. Put rear deck back on. I used dynamat, was just a pain to put the deck back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make these little foam rubber stickers. They kind of look like double sided foam tape but only stick on one side. Probe around to find the rattle or loose pieces and lift them and place that bumper there. It helps drastically when you find the right pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    They make these little foam rubber stickers. They kind of look like double sided foam tape but only stick on one side. Probe around to find the rattle or loose pieces and lift them and place that bumper there. It helps drastically when you find the right pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yeah or that. I did mine primarily to quiet the deck down when I installed my stereo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.