Cabin Noise Mods?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cabin Noise Mods? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What are some basic mods that could reduce cabin noise, making a significant difference?...

Cabin Noise Mods?

What are some basic mods that could reduce cabin noise, making a significant difference?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a tough one, dynamat works well if you want to tear out the interior and put it down. Outside of that, your at the mercy of the vehicle design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I removed the interior door panels and stuffed fiberglass in them. This made quite a difference. I also began stuffing fiberglass under all the plastic panels in the back of the car. I rode in the back seat when when my son was driving once and there is more noise coming into the cabin from the rear end than from the front. I plan to stuff more fiberglass underneath panels in the trunk and back seat.

I also hear the dynamat works well. I want to try some of it underneath the car. I am not sure it will hold up well to the elements down there but I may try it to see if it even works to deaden sound from the floor area.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I had a lot of success with Reckhorn sound deadening material. It used to be on Amazon Prime, but doesn't seem to be right now: https://www.amazon.com/Reckhorn-Self...words=reckhorn

It's basically a cheaper Dynamat. I put it inside my doors, and it had a very noticeable effect on road noise.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I did the floor, doors and rear wall in my 2008 Tacoma. So far I've only done the trunk in my WRX. Once I'm out of my apartment and back in a house I plan on doing the same. I use Noico deadening products.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2017 WRX Limited - Cobb Stage 2+

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sound dampening materials, and a well executed mindful install will make a world of difference.

I put FatMat in the doors while upgrading the speakers.
    Don't have actual sound measurement data, but I feel it was worth the effort installing it.

#1 improvement I've done is placing foam adhesive on all contact points of the A-pillars. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures.

Edit 1: Here: A-Pillar Rattle / Crackling Fix [A MUST DO] - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Cheap, easy, and you'll definitely hear a benefit. Like I said, I placed the foam on the plastic spline contact points too.

Edit 2: Maybe I missed the OP's question......Do you mean road noise? Or noises from the interior?

I have been having this rattle by the windshield for the last year and its getting worse. This makes so much sense. I will try this when I get a chance.
    14 sedan: Protune: 318AWHP 344ft lbs up pipe, Tial EWG, AEM intake, Cobb AP V3, 3" TBE, Avo FMIC, Turbo Smart bpv, Aem air fuel gauge,Cobb knob,Perrin Pitch Stop mount, SPT front strut tower brace, K-Sport coilovers@1.5" drop. Eibach sways, Perrin Spherical end links, Cusco subframe brace, White Line sway braces, Perrin sub frame bushings.

07 Duramax LBZ- 26psi,intake, TBE, Diablosport programmer, Edge Insight with EGT, EGR block off, BD exhaust manifold, PPE fuel valve.

Get a subwoofer
    "If the power increases, then I have to spend more money on gas" - Takumi Fujiwara

Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...eye-wagon.html

I'd start reading here. There's only so much Dynamat and using just one product will do. You'll want to find out what you're trying to do as far as blocking low's, high's or all around. Low frequency is the hardest to block as they travel through thick objects. For vibration control Dynamat is popular but if we're talking exhaust noise and road noise that aren't high pitched you'll need to layer different materials. Even using an app with a frequency analyzer would help to get a decent picture of what you're dealing with.

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
    '13 ωяχ ρяємιυм :: ιѕм ѕєαη

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.