Grimmspeed stainless steel shift knob install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Grimmspeed stainless steel shift knob install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The shifter feel is an aspect of the WRX that I always felt could benefit from aftermarket help. It initially ...

Grimmspeed stainless steel shift knob install

The shifter feel is an aspect of the WRX that I always felt could benefit from aftermarket help. It initially felt sloppy and didnt inspire confidence in shifts. Eventually I upgraded the shifter bushings and installed a Mode SS, but I still felt that it was notchy. I had always wanted a knob with more weight, but I really wasn't satisfied with the options out there. At one point I ordered a custom knob from WC Latheworks(incredible service btw), but it ended up being too light for my tastes. Recently Grimmspeed released a knob that looked pretty nice and price even better so I pulled the trigger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adju-084331.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	277146

All I can say is-WOW. Great feel. Great weight. Fast shipment and best of all, shifting into gears feels smooth and effortless. I might lower the lever bit more, but before anyone says that I will undoubtedly sear my palm come summer time I will say that I drove around for 6 years with a TWM stainless knob in my previous car with no issues in the blazing summer temperatures of deep deep deeeeeep South Texas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! I've been thinking of replacing my TWM SS knob for this for the added weight plus the shape looks a tad more ergonomically than just a ball shape. Agreed on the heat, it can get a bit sizzling but nothing unbearable.
    Present: 2016 Subaru WRX Pro-Tuned
    Instagram: Steamax
    Build Thread: Click Here
    YouTube: Click Here

I've got the Perrin knob and yes a weighted know makes a world of difference.
    2017 WRX Limited - Cobb Turbo back with MAP CAI and Tune
    2015 Yamaha FZ09

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverMetal View Post
    I've got the Perrin knob and yes a weighted know makes a world of difference.
    I always thought those knobs looked nice!

I live in the Mojave (Edwards AFB) and heat is always an issue. Go to your local sporting goods store or amazon and get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Suddora-Wrist.../dp/B00TXRUNEO

Stick on your shift knob during the hottest months and it works great at keeping your hand cool.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.