Dash Cams
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Dash Cams within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any recommendations for one that will record while parked? Car is a day old and got keyed in my driveway. ...

Dash Cams

Any recommendations for one that will record while parked? Car is a day old and got keyed in my driveway. Been living here for 9 years without any incident and have this car for a day and someone has f'ed up the passenger side. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh wow, that's crazy. Sorry to hear that. Some people are truly bothered individuals.

I'm assuming you want recording while parked. Have you already looked into the modding and wiring required for a consistent power draw?

That sucks! I installed one last week (viofo A119) that has a G-sensor and came with a hardwire kit to run while the car is off. the hardwire kit will monitor your cars battery voltage and turn off the cam if it starts draining your car battery. I made a install video on my YouTube channel, check it out in my sig.
    Present: 2016 Subaru WRX Pro-Tuned
    Instagram: Steamax
    Build Thread: Click Here
    YouTube: Click Here

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks Steemax! I am surprised I havent watched that video. I am already a subscriber! Do you have any test footage from it when parked on your channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Vezperado View Post
    Thanks Steemax! I am surprised I havent watched that video. I am already a subscriber! Do you have any test footage from it when parked on your channel?
    I actually don't have that function enabled yet. I'll be testing it out soon and will make a follow up video but from other reviews i've read it's pretty good. You can set the sensitivity of the g-sensor as well.
    Present: 2016 Subaru WRX Pro-Tuned
    Instagram: Steamax
    Build Thread: Click Here
    YouTube: Click Here

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.