2016 STi Interior trim pieces
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2016 STi Interior trim pieces within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Greetings - I recently took delivery of a 16 STi and loving every minute of it. Not only is the ...

2016 STi Interior trim pieces

Greetings - I recently took delivery of a 16 STi and loving every minute of it. Not only is the driving experience 2 steps better than my 13 WRX but the interior is LIGHT YEARS better! (I spoiled myself and got nav/keyless/HK and it's great so far.

However, I am not fond of the faux carbon fiber trim pieces near the glovebox and on the drivers side dash just below the vent.
    I noticed Subispeed recently released some new trim pieces: Subaru OEM Silver and Piano Black Dash Trim - 2015+ WRX / 2015+ STI
    Which (IMO) looks worse. I toyed with the idea of vinyl wrapping but I prefer a more OEM look, so I am looking to start there.

NOW, with my amazingly astute observation, I realized that thanks to mother Subaru's famously modular designs, the new Crosstrek, Forester, Impreza, and WRX/STI SEEM to all share the same trim pieces. (photos here:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...1dMZms5bUt3Sms)

Can anyone confirm or deny the fitment of these parts on the WRX/STI?
    PAssanger side: INSTRUMENT PANEL. UPPER.. Fits: 2015 Subaru Forester Limited 2.5L 6MT | Subaru Parts Online "Ornament Panel assembly passanger" #66077A

Drivers side: INSTRUMENT PANEL. FITTING.. Fits: 2015 Subaru Forester Limited 2.5L 6MT | Subaru Parts Online "Ornament Panel Assembly Driver A #66077D

I would love to have those pieces be satin silver OEM like what comes in almost all other subarus.

If nobody has attempted this dangerous stunt before, I will make a sacrifice for my Subaru community (and my country) and report back.

Thanks all
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I was also not a fan of the fo-carbon fiber look going on in the interior of my WRX. I ended up going the wrapping route with 3M textured carbon fiber wrap. It was overall a bit darker matte, and I love the texture. Probably one of my favorite interior mods since it changed the inside of the car so much.

I never had any experience prior to vinyl wrapping and figured simple interior pieces would be a good start.

GL with whatever route you decide!

(interior pics in my build tread if interested)
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB - Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    One thing that may not be a bad option if you are into it, is wrapping those particular trim pieces in Alcantara. It would match the rest of the interior theme.
    Billy
    2011 OBP WRX STi Sedan - click if bored
    2008 Legacy 3.0R
    2009 Ducati Monster 1100
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - SOLD
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by strudinox View Post
    I was also not a fan of the fo-carbon fiber look going on in the interior of my WRX. I ended up going the wrapping route with 3M textured carbon fiber wrap. It was overall a bit darker matte, and I love the texture. Probably one of my favorite interior mods since it changed the inside of the car so much.

I never had any experience prior to vinyl wrapping and figured simple interior pieces would be a good start.

GL with whatever route you decide!

(interior pics in my build tread if interested)
    I will be sure to check out your thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    One thing that may not be a bad option if you are into it, is wrapping those particular trim pieces in Alcantara. It would match the rest of the interior theme.
    Why not shag carpet? Yellow.
    Kidding.

but Alcantara would look awesome, definitely in the lineup of options.
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, curvy roads are for fast drivers." -Colin McRae

Alcantara and dingle balls yeah.

I would choose the method that's easiest to remove later down the road. Don't glue anything to the surface. You can get a real good look with some of the higher quality vinyl wraps, just don't plastidip you will be too close and you'll really notice how bad it looks.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    I would choose the method that's easiest to remove later down the road. Don't glue anything to the surface.
    This is a high priority for me^^

Which is why I'm curious about the XV, Impreza, and Forester OEM pieces. Pop out OEM, pop in replacement OEM. The parts cost is $75 which is pretty reasonable considering the heavy influence those trim pieces have on the interior as a whole.

If anyone can confirm the OEM STi trim is swap-able with OEM XV, Impreza and Forester pieces that would be huge!

If nobody else can confirm fitment it looks like I'll be calling the parts fairy soon.

I'll report back with my scientific findings.

Going to place an order this weekend unless someone can tell me these pars don't fit!

I appreciate your sacrifice. They look pretty close and I'll appreciate hearing about the results.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-06-04 13.03.35.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	260041
    Just got the ones from subispeed

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.