Subaru WRX Forum banner

JCSpods

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  njdevilsfan427 
#1 ·
Just ordered my Defi boost gauge today and I am wanting to get a single pod A-pillar from JCSpods. Anyone know if they're still making pods or have any other options for me?

#2 ·
We this is what they say on their site.
Because all gauge pods are custom made upon order, production and shipping times can take up to 2 to 3 weeks from date of purchase.

So the question is how long ago did you order the pillar?

#4 ·
Why not email them? They do say on their site they make them for the 15 so my guess is they would still be making them for the previous years. Personally I would rather go with the SMY cluster

#6 ·
I got a 2013 wrx and I ordered one from jcs pods. They took about 2 weeks and product came out awesome !! I actually ordered one from another online company (can't remember the name) but they took about 2 months and what I got in was complete ****! Complete amature job. I send back waited for another one and the new one was worse. 6 months dealing with them and still no gauge pod. Went through jcs pods 2weeks later got in my mint triple pods. Don't waste I
Time with anyone else trust me just go with jcs

#11 ·
so here are a few pics and a little how to of how I installed my boost gauge the other day.

to start, I took a pair a scissors and cut the hose leading from the bpv a few inches down. I then took the T adapter that came with the gauge and attached the hoses to it and zip tied them down.
Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Car

Then I took the supplied hose that came with the gauge and attached it to the T. I roughly measured how much I was going to need to connect it to the boost sensor. Then I cut to size what I needed and zip tied it onto the boost sensor.
Auto part Fuel line Vehicle Engine Car

I took the supplied bolt for mounting the gauge and thought it looked similar in size to the bolt that was on the hose clip from the factory. I wasn't going to be using the mount they supplied anyways so I figured I might as well see if the bolt is the same size. Much to my surprise it was the same size. I took it to the hardware store to find a couple nuts that fit. I then threaded the bolt through the factory hose clamp and tightened that down accordingly. Then I threaded on one of the nuts about half way, put the sensor on, and then the other nut and made it snug so it doesn't move around.
Auto part Fuel line Engine Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Then I ran the wire from the boost sensor down through the fender liner. I popped off the little side panel on the outside of the car that has silver plate with the WRX (not sure what its called hope you can visualize with me) so I could pop off the fender liner a little easier. All it takes is a little firm pulling and it should pop off no problem.
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Tire Automotive tire

I took my knife and punctured a hole in this rubber plug then took the wire and fed it through the hole I made then into the cabin and up into the new a-pillar pod and connected it to the gauge.
Electrical wiring Wire Cable Cable management Technology

Tire Audio equipment Technology Suspension Wire

I took the power supply wire and connected it to the gauge, then fed it though the pod and down into the foot-well so I could tap the wires into the appropriate fuses.
Electronics Technology Electronic device Electrical wiring Machine

I connected the ground to this bolt that is next to the fuse box.
Auto part Vehicle brake Suspension part Suspension Brake

This is the final product of how it looked when finished. I am by no means an expert with cars and this was actually my first time installing a gauge. I felt it was pretty easy as long as you have some loose guidelines to follow. That is why I wanted to throw these pictures up so I could give people an idea of what to do. I am overall very pleased with how everything turned out and hope this helps someone in the future. Any comments, questions, or advice are welcomed!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering part Steering wheel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.