Valentine Hardwire Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Valentine Hardwire Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys! Looking for a little wisdom here. I've searched here and NASOIC and couldn't find an answer. I hardwired ...

Valentine Hardwire Question

Hey Guys!

Looking for a little wisdom here. I've searched here and NASOIC and couldn't find an answer. I hardwired my V1 via a fuse tap, running it to my fuse box along the headliner and pillars (I have a Base model w/ no homelink). The v1 will power using its factory cord via the cigarette lighter but won't power on with the hardwire kit so I know its not the radar that is the problem. I've followed instructions, using the 10amp fuse which is used for the radio/navi as well as trying out fuse for the cigarette lighter. My fuse tap has two fuse slots where you can attach two fuses to it (I guess that's how you would word it..sorry noob here). I attached the 10 amp fuse for the navi into the tap to have power running to the radio. Am I supposed to have an additional fuse plugged into that second slot on the fuse tap? Unless I crimped the tap wrong I don't see why it isn't powering up. This should be a simple install.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I did mine last week in a unconventional way I wired it into the switch wire going to the radio and used a 15 amp fuse because the same cut out runs my radar aswell as boost gauge light on a toggle switch. My best advice would be make sure your ground is good solid connection. And if it's a homemade ground like not wired in to an existing ground make sure you filed it down to bare metal no paint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Test your power source and your ground with a DMM.. one or the other (or both) is no good. If the ground is bad, I would simply ground it directly to the chassis.. if the power is bad, check it at the source and work back towards the radar detector from there.

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    U need fuses in both slots.

Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    U need fuses in both slots.
    Finally got around to addressing the problem. I've been busy with work. Anyways, yea apparently you need both fuses in both slots lawl.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.