EVERYTHING STARLINK
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVERYTHING STARLINK within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Purchased a 2016 w/o navigation. Not impressed with the starlink systems far. There should be some ways to hack into ...

EVERYTHING STARLINK

Purchased a 2016 w/o navigation. Not impressed with the starlink systems far. There should be some ways to hack into this thing. Please share here. I am hoping eventually to be able to link my phone navigation to the system. Has anyone else figured out any other cool ways to use this thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't like starlink ether! I can't wait till someone makes a mounting kit for the 2016 sti so I can put in a Kenwood with Carplay

I Support ClubWRX
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This goddamn headunit is the bane of my existence. Connect it via bluetooth and still nothing works. Can't reach spotify/pandora/aha nothing. Even gave the ****ty Starlink App a try and it just gives me error messages all day everyday. When just playing audio from my phone it says something like "No bluetooth audio device connected" even though it's still playing audio from my phone. Can't seek or skip via head unit buttons. No information displayed. Just an ugly screen saying there's an error. Then there's the lag. When I push a button it takes about a second for things to get moving. When I hit a button on my phone to change tracks it takes another second to switch tracks. It's like there's a huge buffer that the headunit is using up before it changes anything. I've tried everything and nothing works as intended. Can't wait to change out the HU but if it got some sort of a firmware update and fixed these issues then I'd be more than willing to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by H4ZE View Post
    I don't like starlink ether! I can't wait till someone makes a mounting kit for the 2016 sti so I can put in a Kenwood with Carplay
    i feel the same way

Administrator ...De Rerum Natura TheJ's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by steeloyangster View Post
    This goddamn headunit is the bane of my existence. Connect it via bluetooth and still nothing works. Can't reach spotify/pandora/aha nothing. Even gave the ****ty Starlink App a try and it just gives me error messages all day everyday. When just playing audio from my phone it says something like "No bluetooth audio device connected" even though it's still playing audio from my phone. Can't seek or skip via head unit buttons. No information displayed. Just an ugly screen saying there's an error. Then there's the lag. When I push a button it takes about a second for things to get moving. When I hit a button on my phone to change tracks it takes another second to switch tracks. It's like there's a huge buffer that the headunit is using up before it changes anything. I've tried everything and nothing works as intended. Can't wait to change out the HU but if it got some sort of a firmware update and fixed these issues then I'd be more than willing to keep it.
    I am no fan of Subaru systems and have't been since my first one back in 02.

Just so you know though, the functionality is much more limited when connected via blue tooth. Connect it via USB and all that stuff should work though.
    -The J 𒂼𒄄
    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I am no fan of Subaru systems and have't been since my first one back in 02.

Just so you know though, the functionality is much more limited when connected via blue tooth. Connect it via USB and all that stuff should work though.
    I have an Android phone and it doesn't work at all with USB connection. Only extra functionality I get is that the phone charges. Music and apps aren't recognized through the USB at all. Followed instructions to the 'T' and nothing comes up. I've even tried factory resetting the system and pairing via the bluetooth button on steering wheel versus in the menus. Maybe I'm the only one having issues because I can't seem to find anyone else having the same issues.

Specs:

2016 Subaru WRX Premium Non-Nav model
    LG G4 64GB - Lollipop 5.1.1

I can't connect my android through usb.

the usb works great but have to put music in separate folders. but a folder can only hold up to 255 songs or it wont read the rest. so keep each folder under that number and youll be fine. but the starlink pisses me off. there should be a way to manage apps. ide like to delete aha and replace it with waze or something. or a phone screen mirror would be phenomenal.

I agree, not sure why we can't have a phone mirrored screen. That would do away with all the stuff not needed.

This is why I lucked out and was able to pluck a 2015 and install a pioneer avic8100nex. I knew the Starlink systems wouldn't be very good and didn't want to wait on OEM's for head unit replacements on the 2016 wrx's. Hopefully you guys don't have to wait too long though...

Looks like someone over at Nasioc was able to install an aftermarket HU in their 2016

NASIOC - View Single Post - 2016 WRX aftermarket HU install

How does one set up starlink to display text messages on screen? I habe the 2016 system.

I'm bummed to read this!
    I was hoping to just get away with speakers and an amp, for improvement.
    I'd hate to dump all that money, for the HK or lose backup camera....
    Sent from my lair.....
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

Quote Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
    I'm bummed to read this!
    I was hoping to just get away with speakers and an amp, for improvement.
    I'd hate to dump all that money, for the HK or lose backup camera....
    Sent from my lair.....
    Same here. Ive been think about upgrading all the speakers with the factor Kicker speakers with sub but that will be around $800. I found out that with iPhone you have to be plugged into USB for the pandora,aha and other apps to work. Still havent seen how to see text messages to work yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.