EVERYTHING STARLINK - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVERYTHING STARLINK within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; PANDORA QUESTION It seems if I hook my IPhone up via BT I can listen to phones Pandora on car. ...

PANDORA QUESTION

It seems if I hook my IPhone up via BT I can listen to phones Pandora on car. Why would I use the car app to listen to the same Pandora?
    2016 WR WRX LIMITED 6 MT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

PANDORA QUESTION

It seems if I hook my IPhone up via BT I can listen to phones Pandora on car. Why would I use the car app to listen to the same Pandora?
    2016 WR WRX LIMITED 6 MT

I'm assuming my windows phone won't play well with star link (waiting for delivery). Am I better with android or Apple as far as starlink is concerned?
    I've been looking for an excuse to ditch the windows phone. this seems like a pretty good reason.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm assuming my windows phone won't play well with star link (waiting for delivery). Am I better with android or Apple as far as starlink is concerned?
    I've been looking for an excuse to ditch the windows phone. this seems like a pretty good reason.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My iphone seems to work well enough with the star link in my wife's '15 Legacy. Works well with the HK system in my Sti too.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

my iPhone works perfect with starlink

now that i said it, i am sure i jinxed myself
    2016 WR WRX LIMITED 6 MT

Is there a URL for firmware updates for the stock head unit? Mine's a 2015 WRX with the HK system. Gawd I hate the Starlink ca-ca.

What can I do with the starlink app that's compatible with a base 2016 STi besides all the audio stuff?

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jcr557 View Post
    What can I do with the starlink app that's compatible with a base 2016 STi besides all the audio stuff?
    check the weather
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

here's my 2 cents. I use a note 4 (droid) I can steam music, use Pandora, and make calls using Bluetooth no problem. links quick. zero issues. plug in a old ipod nano in the usb port, it's slow. and when I shut car off the ipod shuts off so obviously doesn't stay where it was when shut off. but i can use HU controls with it. put in a memory stick with iTunes library on it. can veiw and listen with no issues. and stays where it was when the car was shut off. and works with HU controls. and finally. I tried a old iPhone 5 I had with a more current Bluetooth set up. I can stream music no problem. links fast. can use controls from HU and remembers what song I was one when shut off. the only complaint I have with it is I can't make a phone call while streaming from iPhone without switching Bluetooth device to my Droid. hope this helps. also. read manual. it helps too

my phone connects perfectly, I just wish it could do MORE. Like integrate google maps instead of that half-ass navigation system that's always a day late and a dollar short for road hazard notifications (pathetic really). Def needs more apps. I did see where you can connect to Facebook through Aha. I'm not a big facebooker but I guess that's something...
    Def looking for any good hack info. Please share any finds or updates!
    Thanks!

I just wanted to add my experience thus far.
    I have a 2016 WRX Limited with the 7" nav screen.

So far it's been kind of great. I use an iPhone with Apple Music so it thinks all my streaming music is on an iPod when connected via USB. Bluetooth audio works as designed too.

The only thing I am missing, that I thought was included, was the ability to trigger Siri through the car. I had this on my Ford and it was great. Other Subarus have it, not sure why mine doesn't.

Everything works great except Nav, it can't compare to smartphone nav apps.

I have a 2016 WRX Premium with the 6.2" unit. With it running the StarLink software, its not terrible as it does what is currently shown as offered. However, is anyone experience enough or willing to dive into trying to modify so we could use additional apps from our phones? Or if we could somehow update the software to enable MirrorLink somehow, that would be huge.

If anyone has tried researching this and made a headway, please reply or drop a PM on what you have found out. Thanks.

*edited* double posted for some reason...

M.b
    I find the entire system to feel very unresponsive
    02-20-2016 | 2016 WRX Subaru

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.