EVERYTHING STARLINK - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVERYTHING STARLINK within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by steeloyangster This goddamn headunit is the bane of my existence. Connect it via bluetooth and still nothing ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by steeloyangster View Post
    This goddamn headunit is the bane of my existence. Connect it via bluetooth and still nothing works. Can't reach spotify/pandora/aha nothing. Even gave the ****ty Starlink App a try and it just gives me error messages all day everyday. When just playing audio from my phone it says something like "No bluetooth audio device connected" even though it's still playing audio from my phone. Can't seek or skip via head unit buttons. No information displayed. Just an ugly screen saying there's an error. Then there's the lag. When I push a button it takes about a second for things to get moving. When I hit a button on my phone to change tracks it takes another second to switch tracks. It's like there's a huge buffer that the headunit is using up before it changes anything. I've tried everything and nothing works as intended. Can't wait to change out the HU but if it got some sort of a firmware update and fixed these issues then I'd be more than willing to keep it.
    I had the same issue with my 2015 Impreza 2.0i's 6.5" unit that I bought in June, two weeks ago I traded it in for my 2016 WRX. WRX has the same unit...but hey...it's in a WRX!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same problems with starlink in my '16 WRX. It's a pain to get it to work at all. The only part of it I even try to use is pandora so I can see what is playing and change songs with the steering wheel controls. Most of the time I get an error that says something like "the device does not accept this kind of accessory" or something like that. And when I don't get that message, I get one that tells me that it isn't connected and to push the power button twice to reconnect. That happens just about every time. And if I'm using it and someone calls, I don't even try to go back to using it. Its no use. Starlink is a complete bust.

The only thing I want out of this HU is the pandora app to work and I keep getting the same "hit twice to reset" error as everyone else.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My employee has a limited with the navi/hk and he has no issues what so ever that I have with my premium system and it annoys the crap out of me...Subaru invested all into the navi unit and crapped out on the 6.2...I have the same issues with connectivity over and over to the point that sometimes I will get frustrated and pull over not just listen to the crappy fm that goes in and out with hd...it sucks

Every time you "press twice to reset", you can tell it's not actually re-initializing. Not to cumbersome work around is to press once, then go to FM radio, press again, press pandora... 4 presses instead of 2..

I really only use pandora and the phone features, well gps too, does all those well for me, but it could be so much better. For pandora 100% of the time, I just make sure start pandora on my phone first, then the car.

Everything works properly for me except for on screen text messaging. Am I missing something?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nolainslc View Post
    Everything works properly for me except for on screen text messaging. Am I missing something?
    If you have an Iphone, go into the blutooth screen and next to "SUBARU BT" you should see a little icon with a lower case letter i. click that and then "show notifications" or "allow notifications" and see if that gets it to work.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

About to order a 16 limited w/o NAV

Do we know if the Starlink system has an uncorrected line out? (my F150 has no line out and there is EQ applied to lower the bass at higher volumes so the $2 stock speakers don't fall out. Major PITA to upgrade the audio)

I read it plays MP3/AAC up to 320 kbps from USB and SD card. That's good. How is the folder/album/artist navigation? How long is the startup time? Is the feature usable overall? (Alex on Autos says it has two USB ports)

What about a double din KIT? Crutchfield does not seem to have any. Fur the nuclear option... out with it, in with an Android Auto kit...
    Metra... nothing http://www.metraonline.com/vfgapi/vehicle/230594?

it takes forever for my pandora to link up in my 2016. i notice if i turn on pandora on my phone first and then turn on the pandora app it works on the first try most of the time.

Does anyone know what speed the USB ports or 2.0 or 3.0? I was getting a jump drive for my music. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BrannonP View Post
    Does anyone know what speed the USB ports or 2.0 or 3.0? I was getting a jump drive for my music. Thanks.
    According to the Canadian user manual, they are usb 2.0. USB speeds don't matter much for playing music, but get a USB3 stick anyways for putting things on it faster.
    In my truck I have the Sandisk Ultra Fit, it's so small it barely sticks out of the port at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelshy View Post
    Do we know if the Starlink system has an uncorrected line out? (my F150 has no line out and there is EQ applied to lower the bass at higher volumes so the $2 stock speakers don't fall out. Major PITA to upgrade the audio)
    Found another thread saying it needs a line output converter. Automatic EQ corrections are unknown. 2015s had it, there's a service menu, but the 2016 is completely new.

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if 3.0 was backwards compatible. I wish it had an internal HD like my Suburban.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's a question for those with the NAV Starlink: Does your car remember that you had 'shuffle' selected the last time you drove? Mine does not. Not only that, but I have to change to list by song each time otherwise it defaults to list at the root of the flash drive. Annoying. Is there a way to change this or is mine just goofy? I like to shuffle by song so my entire collection is random.

Quote Originally Posted by MAWNSTAH View Post
    it takes forever for my pandora to link up in my 2016. i notice if i turn on pandora on my phone first and then turn on the pandora app it works on the first try most of the time.
    I will try that and see today
    2016 WR WRX LIMITED 6 MT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.