EVERYTHING STARLINK - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVERYTHING STARLINK within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by nolainslc How does one set up starlink to display text messages on screen? I habe the 2016 ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nolainslc View Post
    How does one set up starlink to display text messages on screen? I habe the 2016 system.
    Have you tried downloading the Starlink app for your smartphone? It may be the key factor. I don't know for sure...just a suggestion to try.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Am I the only one here that's happy with the Starlink system? I have the HK/Nav package and it's been flawless thus far. No issues, the starlink app connects just fine with my iPhone and does not give connection issues or error messages.

Everything simply works.
    Present: 2016 Subaru WRX Pro-Tuned
    Instagram: Steamax
    Build Thread: Click Here
    YouTube: Click Here

No problems here...as long as you open the Starlink app on your phone first before opening it on the screen, works fine for me

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I also have my phone plugged in via the USB. Haven't tried it via Bluetooth yet

For those of you with Android, it may be worth downloading Poweramp to play your music. I used Google Play music in my Speed3 and it was fine, but Starlink did not play nice with it. I then tried to use Doubletwist cause it synced my music too... no dice. Poweramp was a few bucks but works flawlessly (does not show Album Art though). It also gives you an equalizer on the phone too to further tune the ****ty stock speakers. I've gotten it to sound pretty decent actually, but like others I plan to upgrade:

Kicker Hideaway under the seat
    Alpine KTP445U Mini Amp
    Kicker Tweeter Upgrade
    torn on Door Speakers (I like kicker for Plug and Play, but can probably get a better set for the same or less including the mounting adapter)

For those of you with Android, it may be worth downloading Poweramp to play your music. I used Google Play music in my Speed3 and it was fine, but Starlink did not play nice with it. I then tried to use Doubletwist cause it synced my music too... no dice. Poweramp was a few bucks but works flawlessly (does not show Album Art though). It also gives you an equalizer on the phone too to further tune the ****ty stock speakers. I've gotten it to sound pretty decent actually, but like others I plan to upgrade:

Kicker Hideaway under the seat
    Alpine KTP445U Mini Amp
    Kicker Tweeter Upgrade
    torn on Door Speakers (I like kicker for Plug and Play, but can probably get a better set for the same or less including the mounting adapter)

I Support ClubWRX
    BEWBZ DOUBLEPOST! BEWBZ
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 08-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Puff View Post
    the usb works great but have to put music in separate folders. but a folder can only hold up to 255 songs or it wont read the rest. so keep each folder under that number and youll be fine. but the starlink pisses me off. there should be a way to manage apps. ide like to delete aha and replace it with waze or something. or a phone screen mirror would be phenomenal.
    I am pretty sure you can technically do phone mirroring, but its not compatible with a lot of common phones though. I think mirrorlink is the name of the feature.

I'm not seeing too many problems with the starlink other than it does not like playing pandora right through the app, but it plays fine through Bluetooth audio. I use spotify with my note3 in all the starlink cars and it works great. With the old units they would randomly not play nice with a lot of Samsung phones.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Those of you on Android (and rooted) and tired of dealing with the crapshoot of the Bluetooth deciding if it wants to work... you can download an app like this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....usbsharereval to enable sharing a folder in mass storage mode.
    After that, you can connect via USB and it'll display the music folders saved on your phone.

It's really no different than plugging in a USB drive loaded with music but it's easier to manage music on the phone for me. Only downside is no streaming music.

From Day 1 I have had no issues with the Starlink system in my base 2016 WRX. I actually prefer it to the Mylink system in my Chevy's. The Mylink always took too long to connect to Bluetooth and didn't default to bluetooth or whatever source I used last. I'd sit in the car for what seemed like forever cycling through sources until Bluetooth linked up.

Starlink syncs quick, automatically plays Google Play Music. Bluetooth all day every day. I must admit I've never used the USB in the car (Really Bad Position Subaru...) and I don't store music on the flash memory.

My phone is a Nexus 6 running Android M

I think the speakers are of similar quality to other base cars, and I expected this and have no issues with them. There will of course be upgrades in the future, but after tuning the Equalizer the sound system plummeted down the upgrade list.

Do you get text messages on screen?

My wife gets her text mags on her screen of her '16 forester touring it is the 7.0 w/o nav. It seems to work much better than the Hu in my '15 crosstrek did it was the 6.2. And for what it's worth I actually prefer the sound I had with the full kicker upgrade to what hers sounds like with the HK system. My wrx on order has the full kicker system as well.

I'm okay with the starlink system. But... I do wish (and I guess I will forever keep wishing) to replace apps that are already defaulted on there. For example, switch Pandora to Spotify.. or even have actual APPS under apps.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheJan View Post
    I'm okay with the starlink system. But... I do wish (and I guess I will forever keep wishing) to replace apps that are already defaulted on there. For example, switch Pandora to Spotify.. or even have actual APPS under apps.
    The option to hear any app from phone to HU, via BT exists, tho, correct?
    On 09 September 2016, I drove off in a Lapis Blue, WRX Limited 6mt, with NAV/HK/BSD/RCTA + STS, Homelink, Aero Splash Guards, Side Molding, Door Edge Guards & Cargo Tray.

Yes, definitely. But.. what not able to use your app on the HU sucks :/ unless someone here knows how to make that happen!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.