anyone painted their interior?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone painted their interior? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wanted to do some cool interior like shown on the pictures but I've heard carbon fiber vinyl will leave ...

anyone painted their interior?

I wanted to do some cool interior like shown on the pictures but I've heard carbon fiber vinyl will leave very sticky residue when it starts to melt from the heat in the summer so I decided maybe plastic dip it? Paint it with a high temp paint? Anyone done any of this to their car?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2015-06-19-11-35-52_1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I actually did this to my 2011 Wrx. I used red plasti dip and it worked like a charm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_1438485858929.jpg   image_1438485877410.jpg  

I know there are some automotive paints made specifically for interior parts, like specifically for plastic/vinyl/fabric, you could check them out. The above plastidip from Wetsel23 looks good, but my friend did his a-pillars black plastidip and it didnt come out too good. Looks pretty cheesy.
    2013 WRX WR Blue - Slowly evolving from stock
    1968 Camaro SS 'Neptunes Jewel' Blue - Far From Stock :^)

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    "brandis" looks cool, the plasti-dip looks high school
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If I had any of those, I'd be embarrassed to take anyone else in my car TBH.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Now chock-full of more subforums! |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I don't know why you guys are hating, we are trying to help someone out and it's not your car. If we like it, that's all that matters.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetsel23 View Post
    I don't know why you guys are hating, we are trying to help someone out and it's not your car. If we like it, that's all that matters.
    No hate, I'm saying that if you work for a professional organization, be aware of how you are perceived.

I'm embarrassed enough that I have some silly wing hanging off the rear of my car! I also think it's ridiculous that a dissenting opinion is considered "hating." I remember when people had thicker skins.
    Last edited by zax; 08-05-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Stop hating, Zax. You have to like everything or you're a bully.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Stop hating, Zax. You have to like everything or you're a bully.
    Bruh.

Facebook me here

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    No hate, I'm saying that if you work for a professional organization, be aware of how you are perceived.

I'm embarrassed enough that I have some silly wing hanging off the rear of my car! I also think it's ridiculous that an opinion is considered "hating." I remember when people had thicker skins.
    Logic and reason? GTFO, hater!

FWIW, those interiors are ugly. Different strokes though, it's your money and you can negatively impact the resale value of your car all you want!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I'm embarrassed enough that I have some silly wing hanging off the rear of my car!
    h8h8h8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX

Stink-Eye Mob #864

My Garage:
    2013 WRX Hatch ISM - "Scrappy" - http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-hatch.html
    2004 Forester 2.5XS

"Turbos: Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster" - Jeremy Clarkson

Nah the plasti dip red inside doesnt look bad at all

I have painted interior parts of my car before, but not the car I have now. A '99 Z28. The interiors of those were very cheap and faded over time. So, after a while you had different shades of gray/grayish-green. Looked pretty bad. I have never been a fan of bright colors inside, so I shot everything I wanted black. The important thing is to do it right, not just start spraying. Start by sanding the part down good. Wipe it good with alcohol, then spray it with Bulldog adhesion promoter. This stuff allows you to use regular paint on plastic. Then prime, sand, then spray base coat then clear. Mine came out very nice. I no longer have the car, unfortunately, but the paint job did last.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark1 View Post
    I have painted interior parts of my car before, but not the car I have now. A '99 Z28. The interiors of those were very cheap and faded over time. So, after a while you had different shades of gray/grayish-green. Looked pretty bad. I have never been a fan of bright colors inside, so I shot everything I wanted black. The important thing is to do it right, not just start spraying. Start by sanding the part down good. Wipe it good with alcohol, then spray it with Bulldog adhesion promoter. This stuff allows you to use regular paint on plastic. Then prime, sand, then spray base coat then clear. Mine came out very nice. I no longer have the car, unfortunately, but the paint job did last.

Although glossy, that looks clean, almost like you were just trying to reach a stockish look. You weren't raging it out with fake carbon fiber, or plastidip, haha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.