Subaru WRX Forum banner

front speaker wires to crossover

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cflip2x 
#1 ·
Just wondering if using the pair of wires that are running to the mid speaker, are the ones I should use to the cross overs. And then not use the word that were going to the old tweeter?
Thanks,

....did this from my phone if it's hard to read or in the wrong area sorry....

#2 ·
You dont have any spare speaker wire left over? I dont see why you cant use the existing ones but hopeful you ordered more then you would need for the project.

#3 ·
I have plenty of wire. Let me rephrase... Is the signal going to the mid-range speaker caring the correct signal to go to the crossover, to be divided into the highs and mids?
To say, that the factory wires coming to the door aren't already divided... If that makes sense...

#4 ·
In the past, I've typically installed the crossover in the footwells near where the wires go into the doors for the mids. Your full-range signal wires come from the amp to the crossover. From there, you've got separate outputs for the mids and tweeter. Run the mids to the door and tweeters to the dash (or the doors if your tweeters are installed there).

Typically, in a stock system, the signal going to the door and tweeters are both full range actually, the tweeter just has a capacitor to filter out the lows.

#5 ·
yes it should be fine if you are still planning to use the oem speaker wire and just plug adapters at the end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.