What shift knob do you use?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on What shift knob do you use? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know we talk a ton about our knobs in other posts but I couldn't find a post on just ...

What shift knob do you use?

I know we talk a ton about our knobs in other posts but I couldn't find a post on just what one has and if you would recommend it. (Personally looking into replacing my stock and want to see what works and what doesn't)
    Please add pictures and price and even where you got it at to help others in the future.

To start off. 2015 WRX Stock knob. Price 27,000 (vehicle cost ) plastic and light feelig.

(I think there will be a lot of knob jokes coming)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WC LathWerks.
    They make custom shifters.
    Check out their website.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Do u know if they offer to paint them or of they are paintable? Before I ask a ton of silly questions

I have a Flossy Knob on my 14 WRX. Wanted the 5 speed engraved. It's heavier than stock at just over a pound. People have had complaints with their service but I never had an issue.
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

Some goofy carbon fiber ball deal. I'm probably going to find a stock, or leather knob soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    Some goofy carbon fiber ball deal. I'm probably going to find a stock, or leather knob soon.
    I think I still have my stock one floating around if you want it
    Stinkeye member 520

I don't want to say yes then find a leather knob I like better. Thanks though. I'm really funny about shift knobs, hard smooth ones blow when it'd -14 in the winter.

Hard smooth ones blows....

I Support ClubWRX
    WC Lathwerks with a protective microfiber bag for hot and cold days

You can also search out the many different threads on this similar subject.
    perrin or cobb shift knob?
    Cobb Knob vs Stock Knob vs Other Knob?
    Picking Out a WRX 5-Speed Shift Knob
    New shift knob
    Sickspeed Shifter, 1st Mod

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/search...id=9948849&pp=
    Last edited by cflip2x; 05-02-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

Well I was using an Anarchy Motive Pretty in Pink. BUT. I am now using stock knob.

I sent the AM knob back at the beginning of February for a warranty recoating. I still haven't seen my shift knob. Since I bought it through ... the *other* forum ... I figured I'd try to work with the person who'd sold it, even though the Paypal invoice came from AM (as did all of the other shipping stuff), but at this point I am probably going to email the official AM email, even though I'm pretty sure it's the same person.

I guess I should go on to say, that other than the above issues, I really like it, especially in the summer since I'm always cold, and so I hate it in the winter. Typically I've seen them for sale on group buys ranging from $85-$105.
    Last edited by ikimashokie; 05-02-2015 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Making more a useful post with monies and such

I Support ClubWRX
    i have an sti 5 speed. came with the car, but i want a new one. i want something that is recessed or sits within the ball.

I Support ClubWRX
    WC Lathe Werks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HDRKnob.jpg  
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 05-02-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    Moderator for: Dealership, Vendor, and Installer Review, Detailing Forum, Engine Modifications, Exterior & Appearance, Mid-Atlantic States, New Member Hangout, Off Topic, Suspension & Wheels, Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Cflip.... I saw many of those but they were just about one or comparing two... I thought to have all of them all in one post would be more beneficial.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I never understood paying for a nice shift knob just to have to cover it when it's hot or cold out... it's like " oh man, it's 60 degrees out today I can use my $200 shift knob!"

Also, Brucewayne, I ordered a custom knob from flossy once, custom powdercoat, custom engraving, gave them 3 months, kept getting excuses, tried to get a refund and they suddenly said it was on it's way. Waited another month, never showed, tried to get a refund they said it mustve gotten lost they'd make a new one, waited another month, till no knob, and finally after another month, phone calls, emails, and legal action threats, I got my money back.... so it literally took 6 months to get a 30 second paypal refund.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.