Subaru WRX Forum banner

Arm rest extensions . . . OEM extension or JDM?

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Cisco Kidd 
#1 ·
1 1/2 days in and I know right away that my first purchase will be an arm rest extension . . . it feels weird to not have an arm rest after having a great one on my Accord.

From what I've seen it boils down to either the OEM extension or the JDM extension.

OEM: Seems a bit cheaper in price.
JDM: In my opinion, it looks a bit better and offers some storage.

Here's my questions though . . .

1) About how high does the OEM and JDM arm rest extensions raise the level? I haven't really seen anything for the height of the OEM and while most everything I've run across from JDM says it goes up 4 inches one reviewer said it was only 2 inches.

2) Do either of these arm rest extensions jut forward more than the current arm rest . . . and if so . . . by how many inches? I really liked my Accord's sliding arm rest which put me much closer to the shifter . . . I realize that both of these arm rest extensions do not slide, but was wondering if they will put my arm a bit closer to the shifter?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

P.S. Still loving this car . . . and still have a stupid grin on my face when I get into it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok ive had both. Id say they are both roughly the same height around 2-3" higher than oem. The subaru one juts forward about an inch or so while the jdm just kinda goes up but the storage is really nice and the factory 15 wrx lid is much nicer than the subie one which has like an 1/8 inch of stiff foam padding.

I would recommend the jdm if your on the fence im much happier with that then the subie one. Unless you would prefer the ability to go back to stock height quickly in which case the extendable is just a button push away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.