2015 WRX Climate Control Noise?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX Climate Control Noise? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought my new 2015 WRX Premium about 2 weeks ago and I'm beginning to notice a bit of ...

2015 WRX Climate Control Noise?

I just bought my new 2015 WRX Premium about 2 weeks ago and I'm beginning to notice a bit of droning noise coming from underneath the glove box whenever the climate control is on. The noise persists regardless of any climate control settings I change. It sounds like a small electric motor or component operating underneath the glove box. It also has a bit of a fast-repeating click to it. It isn't terribly loud but it is somewhat annoying and doesn't seem like the system should be that audible when operating correctly.

The noise may have been going since I bought the car and I could have missed it since I've been so excited with everything else so it's hard to determine if something actually went wrong. Is this droning sound normal when the climate control is engaged on the 2015 WRX? If anyone else has noticed this and can confirm it to be normal it would be great to hear

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the HVAC on the car is pretty noisy. I'm always aware of it when it's on, even on low. I don't think I've noticed any clicking though..
    Member of the 2015 WRX owners black sheep club
    A WRX/STI beginners Guide:
    No one can decide if an STI or WRX is right for you. Drive them and decide.
    Yes, that requires a tune...
    Read your owners manual.
    Don't drive like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
    I think the HVAC on the car is pretty noisy. I'm always aware of it when it's on, even on low. I don't think I've noticed any clicking though..
    Figured that was the case, I think it has just taken a while to actually notice it. The clicking isn't super prominent either and it's probably just me being nit picky since the car is brand new. I'll have a tech listen to it when I go in for an oil change at 1k to be safe.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll second it being noisy!
    Brain Blast!

My build: Minimal. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...han-never.html

2014 ISM Hatch (His)
    2015 CWP Premium (Hers)

I Support ClubWRX
    Strange, I haven't heard anything when it's on.
    ...BECAUSE RALLY CAR

Current Build: 2015 WRX Premium - WRB

I Support ClubWRX
    I've noticed a bit of noise when it's on...not much, still pretty quiet

You can pull the glove box out and filter and check for debris
    Stinkeye member 520

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.