Where can one get OEM auxiliary switches?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where can one get OEM auxiliary switches? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've done a relatively exhaustive search for auxiliary switches that fit either near the traction control button or in the ...

Where can one get OEM auxiliary switches?

I've done a relatively exhaustive search for auxiliary switches that fit either near the traction control button or in the seat warmer switch slot. I'm trying to install the F1 style break lights from Subispeed, but since they're illegal in my state, I want to make them defeatable. Anybody know where to find them? Alternatively I'll have to hide a switch beneath the steering wheel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What year vehicle?
    “Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.” - David Rains Wallace

2015 WRX - Crystal White Pearl
    2014 Forester 2.5i Premium - Dark Grey Metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    I have installed a flasher module on my rear fog light and luckily no one has stopped me yet. I have seen them on bikes so why not on a car. and if there is a problem I can just change the flashing speed.

It might just be easier to get a switch or tiny micro switch and make a bracket out of kydex and mount it somewhere out of the way such as under the dash or the cubby slot.

and if you want to be really unique get an arcade button on top of a switch
    Last edited by cflip2x; 03-23-2015 at 08:22 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

I have a Subaru Specialty shop near by that parts out cars, they always have a ton of switches and let them go for cheap or free. Maybe try a pick and pull?

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    I have a Subaru Specialty shop near by that parts out cars, they always have a ton of switches and let them go for cheap or free. Maybe try a pick and pull?
    That's always an option. Alternatively I can see if I can get an extra fog light switch from Subaru Parts, but that seems like a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I have installed a flasher module on my rear fog light and luckily no one has stopped me yet. I have seen them on bikes so why not on a car. and if there is a problem I can just change the flashing speed.
    We're in the same state, so it's really up to the locality. I read the NJ statute, and it's pretty clear that flashing lights are reserved only for emergency vehicles or stock hazard lights (provided there is a reason to use them).

It's a pretty simply wiring job so I figure I'll make them defeatable if I'm looking to be low key. I'm really just not into totally jury rigging my brand new WRX with also sorts of non-stock switches. I'll probably end up hiding a switch somewhere above the footwell area.

Quote Originally Posted by jbed1203 View Post
    What year vehicle?

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand that its up to the cops but luckily It hasnt been a problem. But if you are going to run wires all the way to the front of you you can for a cut off what the harm in creating a bracket out of plastic just to mount a switch. I totally agree that you wouldn't want to cut up a dash panel. Maybe its easier to find the blank to fill in the switch and drill into that and mount a tiny mico switch. might be cheaper then finding an oem subaru switch.

SWITCH (INSTRUMENTPANEL). CONSOLE & DOOR.. Fits: 2015 Subaru WRX WRX 2.0L 6MT | Subaru Parts Online

SWITCH (INSTRUMENTPANEL). INSTRUMENT PANEL.. Fits: 2015 Subaru WRX WRX 2.0L 6MT | Subaru Parts Online

Taking a quick look online the part number for the heated seats apear to be the same as tne 08-14 so if you can find one you can just figure out which pins to wire to.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 03-23-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

Yeah, the more I think about this the less I mind hiding a small switch beneath the steering column -- for now at least. Then, as a separate project I'll work at integrating the switch into the switch panel, probably using your advice with the cheap micro-switch.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im not sure if it would fit in a 15 or if you have a manual but you could also hide a switch under your shift boot.
    something like this. Garage door mod Its really difficult to find a switch that fits perfectly with the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.