Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX Aftermaket pedals.

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jbed1203 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a new 2015 WRX the only problem is my feet are pretty large (Size 16 4E) and I have an issue where I will press the brake with the edge of my foot when reaching for the gas. Just wondering if there are any aftermarket pedals that are a little smaller or if anyone else has solved this issue. I thought about possibly cutting off the right hand side of the brake pedal which I think may work.

#5 ·
Damn dude ... you have me beat by a bit (15 medium). I have a 2004 WRX and occasionally do the same as you. A brief stab of the brakes while you are expecting forward thrust is annoying. I've found the type of shoe matters.

I was amazed to find a pair of closeout Piloti Prototipos in 15 on the internet a while back that are rather narrow soled compared to other footwear. My 20+ year old U.S.A. made winter Timberland boots are the opposite. I know not to wear them while driving.

Want the ultimate driving shoe? Try to find a pair of wresting shoes ... I know they come in larger sizes as I had no problem finding 15 M and saw larger.

I wish you the best from one squatch to another ... :D

#7 ·
I'm glad I found this post, at first i thought it was just "operator error". I wear a size 13 and I occasionally have the same issue. I've driven manuals my entire life and I've never had this issue before until i got my '15. Let me know what you work out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.