Anarchy Motive: A Shift Knob Review
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anarchy Motive: A Shift Knob Review within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello there everyone! I haven't been on here lately. I got on to update my build thread a little and ...

Anarchy Motive: A Shift Knob Review

Hello there everyone!

I haven't been on here lately. I got on to update my build thread a little and to give you all a very details and the most honest review I can regarding Anarchy Motive and their product.

Now, don't jump to conclusions; I am not on here to bad-mouth the company. I am going to give the most honest and fair review that I possibly can.

Okay First things first...(some back-story)

Around September, I was in the market for a new shift knob. I am sure we can all agree that the stock WRX knob is simply, very bland. I really enjoyed how it felt in-hand but I hated the way it looked. I came here and scoured the forums for what most people were purchasing. I also checked out RSD to see their offerings. What I quickly concluded was that RSD had the COBB and Perrin knobs which were "affordable" but they didn't really peak my interest. Many of you suggest WC Latheworks and I was very interested in their products. However, I just couldn't find the one I wanted. I was very interested in the teardrop shaped ones and the optional copolymer was definitely enticing. I believe that was a GF4 Hybrid that really caught my eye. The price tag, well that was a little discouraging. I know, I know... "You gotta pay to play." I am very familiar with this saying; more-so now that I own a WRX!
    So I keep searching, searching for something that is minimal, something that is affordable, something that isn't mass produced in a factory (COBB/Perrin/etc). I would constantly see Flossy Knob promos via Instagram. So I did what anyone would, I checked their products out too. I was very interested in their product. It was simple, it was heavy, and it isnt mass produced. I let the thought of the Flossy Knob simmer on the back burner for a while. Read some reviews, many good ones and a handful of poor reviews.
    Not much later, A friend of mine mentions Anarchy Motive. He says how he's gonna order one soon. I quickly check out their website and their Facebook page. I find that their site was very simple. Maybe too simple in my opinion, but it works. I Email them to ask a few questions about their products.
    After sending an Email to Anarchy Motive (AM), I received an email back from them almost immediately. He (Derrick) answered all my questions quickly and honestly. Derrick was a pleasure to talk to. I expressed some of my concerns with the two different styles that he offered and he talked to me like a friend. I was unsure if I wanted a rod/piston style, I was very content with how my stock shifter felt in-hand but this knob wasn't exactly shaped like the stock knob. I also couldn't find any pictures of the Goliath (cylindrical) inside anyone's vehicle. That also left me a little uneasy about purchasing it. Turns out that the Goliath is a brand new product that AM is rolling out currently (reason why I couldnt find reviews/ pics). Derrick had told me that when he drives he constantly changes his grip on the knob too. He said he really likes the knew Goliath but he LOVES the Mammoth (spherical knob). So I told him that I had to think a little bit before ordering. He was okay with it and I told him I would contact him after sleeping on it. I email him the next day. I have made up my mind! I am going to order the Mammoth knob. I ordered it in Matte Black.

**This is where my review will start. lol

Okay so with all that rambling out of the way, here is what I think about Anarchy Motive.

- First of all. I absolutely, positively, could not be happier with my purchase. I never dreamed that something as simple as a shift knob could bring so much joy to my life.
    - The knob is solid. It is 671 grams if I remember correctly. Keep in mind, this knob is solid metal too! Yes, that means the temperatures fluctuate with the weather! lol.. I discovered this the other morning when it was 20 degrees out. The knob doesn't warm up very fast either haha.. Not something that I hate. I knew before I ordered it that it would be this way. I just leave gloves in my car now for when its freezing.
    - They offer quite a few different colors to chose from depending on what your style is or what you want to accent in your car. I was originally going to get the Cardinal Sin Red or the Gunmetal gray. I just couldn't commit to having a colored item in my car that MIGHT have not matched colors perfectly (my ocd is fierce, suppose). I opted for Matte Black because its safe and will match anything.
    -AM offers the new Goliath knob which is around 740 grams I think. (choices, everyone loves choices, right?)

I was given an ETA of 2-3 weeks for my product, however, it took almost 10 weeks for me to get my product. I kept in contact with Derrick throughout to make sure that everything was okay. Apparently, There were some issues with the powder coater which consequently affected the delivery date of my knob.

All in all, I received my product a little later than planned, but I am honestly glad I purchased it. This thing looks great, it feels great and just makes me want to drive around and cruise just so I can shift gears! I am more than happy to support small businesses and have a product that is pretty exclusive.

- Would I do business with them again?
    YES, without a doubt. Derrick is an awesome person (based entirely on our email conversations) and he's got a great product available.
    - Would I recommend this product to others?
    YES, most certainly! However, If you are a very impatient person and want something now and don't feel like waiting, then I would suggest something else. I know that other companies such as WC Latheworks offer options to expedite the the manufacturing of your knob and you can have all these other options to customize it to your liking. But, it all comes at a price. Flossy offers a lot of customization options too. So if you're into that sorta thing then maybe you should check that out..

I went with Anarchy Motive because I am definitely a minimalist. I like that its simple and and clean. I also love the weight and size of it. The knob feels perfect in-hand. The product is also very, very reasonably priced.

Here is a picture of it in my car.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10420033_989508934409689_4584582500527685668_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	176618

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I forgot to add a comparison picture from my stock knob to the new one... My apologies...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image_1417498970885.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.