opinions...yay or nay
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on opinions...yay or nay within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have been itching to do some interior modifications. Ya know, the type that set your car apart from ...

opinions...yay or nay

So I have been itching to do some interior modifications. Ya know, the type that set your car apart from the others. With my last car I used the 3M DiNoc CF wrap and it made the interior look very nice. I am looking at wrapping my interior again. I had some DiNoc left over from last year so today I got bored and put it on the shifter surround and the silver accents of the center fascia. These are only temporary, as I dont really LOVE the look. I want something a little less conservative but I dont want something super "in your face". My problem however, is color. I am very OCD about colors matching or contrasting well.

So this all started about a month ago. I had this cool idea to make my own shift boot out of a camo pattern (red tiger). It was something I hadnt seen in these cars yet. After doing some looking around and some DIYs on how to actually make a boot, I felt that it was a little too "honda boy" for me. A cool idea nevertheless, I am just not sure I want it in MY car lol!.. So I went to metrorestyling and looked at their infinite selection of various vinyl wraps. I still have a chubby for the idea of using a red camo print (to accent the red stitching and illumination of the car). I got a random pic of a subie interior and a pic of the camo pattern I desire and did a crappy photoshop mock-up of it. Just wanted to see what you guys had to say about it.
    -Mind you, I have a WRB wrx and I am worried that with the red camo it may clash, but I feel that if I used the blue camo it would essentially clash with my interior.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interior.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	171274

So dont mind the terrible job I did with this mock-up. If you see the blacked out portion of the shifter surround. That is what I currently have wrapped with CF. I would like to leave that portion CF (I might redo it with the 3M 1080 isntead) or make it a solid color wrap. Then for the center fascia around the head unit, I want to have the red camo on the sides and have the center portion either be CF or the corresponding solid color just like the shifter area.

I really like the idea of the camo, I feel that it will catch the eye without being an eyesore. It seems to be rather subtle in comparison to doing the entire shifter surround and the entire center fascia. I have seen this kid on youtube do his WRB hatch with blue camo but he did about every accent piece possible and I feel like its just too much for my taste. Then considering the blue camo caters to the exterior of the car and in my eyes sort of clashes with the interior stitching and illumination. --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgxC7a-HO0c#t=416

They also offer a gray and camo which I may fall back on if I keep losing sleep over this issue!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it looks pretty good. It's not to over the top or to loud so I think it works.

Can't disagree, the red with WRB is a bit different... but it's definitely subtle enough to just maybe work.

I like it!

I think that if you do the blue camo it'll be a little rough and the red I feel blends much better. Even with WRB. Could you do a picture with the gray?
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I think that if you do the blue camo it'll be a little rough and the red I feel blends much better. Even with WRB. Could you do a picture with the gray?
    here are the requested gray camo renderings..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitecaminteriorfull.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	171338Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whitecaminteriorpartial.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	171346

I think I am leaning more towards the red still.. Keep in mind these patterns arent scale representations of how they will "really look". the patterns will actually be smaller, unless I opt for the jumbo patterns which I think are typically used for larger spaces (ie: whole car wraps)

I am just very bad with photoshop and scaling things down properly and fussing with something thats just a mock-up seems to be a waste of time lol.. These give me a pretty good representation of how it will look and thats good enough for me. lol

I like the gray better

ya I like the red and gray
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I like the gray better
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    ya I like the red and gray
    I like them both, I feel that the gray is a very "Safe" color but it doesnt really help add the flair that I am looking for. I was just worried that the red may be "too much flair". I think that if I use it sparingly and dont go crazy with it, it should look good.. I just would hate to spend the money on this vinyl and then hate it lol

Get the red footwell lol
    Stinkeye member 520

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I like the gray as well, just my opinion.
    At the end of the day it's your car, you customize it your way.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Nay.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

MTM

do neon yellow like me... Zax loves it

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the red.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Even though you have WRB I think the red camo would be a nice touch. I had a similar idea for my car so I say YAY!
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.