Cobb Knob vs Stock Knob vs Other Knob?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb Knob vs Stock Knob vs Other Knob? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone! So about a month after driving my car around with the stock knob I switched to the Cobb ...

Cobb Knob vs Stock Knob vs Other Knob?

Hello everyone!

So about a month after driving my car around with the stock knob I switched to the Cobb Knob. I immediately noticed that the shifts felt different because my new shift knob was much lighter than the stock one. But aside from the different weight and feel, I absolutely love the black/red look of it and the ball grip. The thing is though, I'm considering purchasing a new shift knob. Something special (possibly custom-made) and something I can use permanently. I have been looking around online but most of the shift knobs I'm seeing are either too expensive or don't have the look and/or design that I'm going for. I also want to order from somewhere that is legit and that I can trust.

Thank you everyone!

Here is what I'm looking for in a new shift knob:

1 - Has the same weight, or possibly greater weight, than the stock shift knob.

2 - Has a similar ball grip than that of the Cobb Knob, unlike the pistol grip of the stock knob.

3 - Has a black and/or red trim similar to that of the Cobb Knob, or is entirely black.

4 - Has the protection of the stock knob or Cobb Knob that prevents the shift knob from getting either too hot in Summer or too cold in Winter.

5 - Has a price around $100 give or take.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    WC LatheWerks.com
    They make custom shifters, I have one myself.
    They are available in different styles, colors and weights.
    Check them out, you can see mine in my build thread.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I went with wc lathewerks and for "protechtion" i just put a microfiber pouch over it till it warms up/cools off no big deal.

There are more then enough shift knob threads just need to search.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    +3 for WC lathewerks

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

That website is fantastic!

He works all by himself on all of these car parts? That's very impressive!

Thank you everyone for your help by the way. I have been looking around the forums and online.

I found that many of the shift knobs people have been purchasing have some legit issues with holding onto temperature of extreme ranges. Too hot when it's July and too cold when it's freakin' December haha. I also want something around the same size and shape as a Cob Knob, but with more weight or around the same weight as the stock knob.

I came across this picture... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/nysu9y5a.jpg

Is there a way to have that knob be made at WC-Lathewerks but the metal on the bottom is red and the black on top is darker? I don't care much for the "WRX" engraving on it.

My vote is pick up a used shift knob you like and save money.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post

I found that many of the shift knobs people have been purchasing have some legit issues with holding onto temperature of extreme ranges. Too hot when it's July and too cold when it's freakin' December haha.
    i cant speak for the extreme cold temps, but here in FL we see some very very hot days and my shift knob has never once been to hot to hold on to.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post

He works all by himself on all of these car parts? That's very impressive!

Thank you everyone for your help by the way. I have been looking around the forums and online.

I found that many of the shift knobs people have been purchasing have some legit issues with holding onto temperature of extreme ranges. Too hot when it's July and too cold when it's freakin' December haha. I also want something around the same size and shape as a Cob Knob, but with more weight or around the same weight as the stock knob.

I came across this picture... http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/13/nysu9y5a.jpg

Is there a way to have that knob be made at WC-Lathewerks but the metal on the bottom is red and the black on top is darker?
    Why dont you email Chris (sales@lathewerks.com) and ask him to see if he can brun the knob red??? As for the temperature thing its a metal it fluctuates in temperature its not as bad as some people make it out to be but it happens. just put a sock, little pouch, Shift Knob cover its really not a big deal. Best bet is email Chris and he can talk to you about ideas. I even think he sells a cover on his site.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Just ordered my new knob, i went with anarchy motive.. I was very close to buying the cobb until i got to actually hold the knob itself.. Just seemed lacking to me.

Besides the point, anarchy motive has many colors and is fairly priced compared to wc lathe works.. I have read a lotof great things about it... Weighs in at 671 grams!

Thank you everyone!

Will check it out!

Yea I'll probably send an email or figure something out. Appreciate all the help.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.