RedlineGoods leather shiftboots + white interior LED mod

This is a discussion on RedlineGoods leather shiftboots + white interior LED mod within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Spent yesterday doing some mods and maintenance on my 2013 CBS WRX Limited Here are some interior mods I did: ...

RedlineGoods leather shiftboots + white interior LED mod

Spent yesterday doing some mods and maintenance on my 2013 CBS WRX Limited

Here are some interior mods I did:

Redline Goods Shiftboot + Ebrake Boot + Armrest Cover, matching the leather/red stitching on the seats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	centerconsole.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	164313

Name:	centerconsolecloseup.jpg 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	164321

Name:	shiftboot.jpg 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	164329

Name:	armrest.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	164337

I actually thought the armrest cover was going to be the easiest to change, but that ended up being the most timeconsuming since I have the extended armrest I had to take it apart piece by piece and then reconstruct it. I think I know why Subaru doesn't put the same leather as the seats in the boots, it is a very tight fit, the stock boots are paper thin so they're relatively easy to maneuver, these new boots took some time to get seated the way I wanted, but I think it was well worth it, looks much better to me. Also you can see that I plastidipped the console piece that was silver, it's supposed to be matt black, but it looks more like a dark gray, but I think it looks better with a muted color than the stock color. Next up is plastidipping the silver/gray window switch covers to match.

White Interior LEDs

Name:	ledinteriorlights.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	164305

These were relatively easy to install but I think it looks cleaner

And maintenance wise I swapped the original air filter with a K&N highflow panel filter, which to be honest I hope I never have to change it again because it was a pain in the ass due to hardly any room in the engine compartment, let's hope K&N is right that you don't have to clean it for 50k miles. Also changed the cabin filter. 21500mi on my car so far and I'm still loving it
    Last edited by fatalerrorx2; 08-31-2014 at 06:59 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm getting the exact same thing done for my 05 WRX. This really settles my worries about how things would look.

nice
    '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V SOLD
    '13 SWP WRX 4-door
    -Invidia Q300 cat-back-Cobb AP Stage 1 v331-