Gauge installation

This is a discussion on Gauge installation within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am very new to tinkering with cars and I mean very new. I know how to change oil and ...

Gauge installation

I am very new to tinkering with cars and I mean very new. I know how to change oil and other fluids. That's basically it. I wanted to know if it's relatively hard to install a boost gauge on a Impreza WRX 2003 MY04. Or if there are any guides on doing this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i searched google (2003 wrx boost gauge install) and it brought up a few youtube videos. i don't know how specific for your car they are(cant youtube at work) but there were also seveal forum links talking about it.
    I still am pretty new to subarus so im not sure what years are the same for information to cross over.
    Just seach on google. should be easy to find it there.
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

Installing a boost gauge is pretty simple and there are a lot of places you can get tutorials, I'm sure there are some for your specific model. Buy a good quality gauge from a reputable brand. I recommend a mechanical gauge rather than an electric gauge.

Here's a very basic overview of what you need to do: Boost Gauge Install
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Boost gauge is simple in the GDs.

There's a grommet up under the pedals on the firewall...easiest place to get wires/boost tube(if mechanical) into the cabin. For all wiring, just use the wires that plug into the clock pod.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning