T bracket for boost gauge too small

This is a discussion on T bracket for boost gauge too small within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ordered a gauge about a week ago, and it came in and the t piece they supplied is a bit ...

T bracket for boost gauge too small

Ordered a gauge about a week ago, and it came in and the t piece they supplied is a bit too small for the hose on the manifold I was going to connect it to. Does Home Depot sell t pieces with reducers to fit the hose going to the gauge? I found one on eBay but it is in Hong Kong and I don't want to wait a month for it to come in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go to an auto parts store and buy a set of hose connections, Home Depot likely wont have what you're after.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    What boost gauge did you buy? I know I had a difficult time when I installed mine but i added a little silicon spray to the end of the hose and it helped.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I added an autometer one but the hose off the manifold is too big for the bracket they gave me, so I did what gregroot198521 said and went to an autozone and bought a universal t bracket with integrated reducers just now. Just waiting on the engine to cool a little before sticking my hands through to pull the hose from the cabin.

Skip HD. Go to Autozone or Pep Boys. I've bought "kits" there that were only a couple bucks and had several sizes of T and I pieces in a single package. It's always been successful regardless of my car at the time since you get several options and one always works. <$5
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Skip HD. Go to Autozone or Pep Boys. I've bought "kits" there that were only a couple bucks and had several sizes of T and I pieces in a single package. It's always been successful regardless of my car at the time since you get several options and one always works. <$5
    It sounds like the OP already did exactly that, but thanks.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Doh! Misread and didn't see that lol. Cheers. :-)
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)