JDM Subaru Boost Gauge Question

This is a discussion on JDM Subaru Boost Gauge Question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone here installed the jdm meter set in their 08+ WRX/STI? I am looking to buy these gauges and ...

Has anyone here installed the jdm meter set in their 08+ WRX/STI? I am looking to buy these gauges and I know the jdm connector is not the same so it's not plug and play but I was wondering if these gauges kept the same start-up as the gauges. Like the needles illuminate when the door is opened and they sweep when turned to IG2. These are expensive compared to the defi red racer gauges so I would like them to match exactly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have a link to these gauges? Are you getting them for a good deal and thats why you want to install them or because they are JDM?

Last edited by cflip2x; 07-14-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

MTM
    Id rather see PSI. Thats why I dont want those. My buddy offered to sell them to me for cheap, but again... id like english measurements.

I Support ClubWRX
    do you mean this? https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/18127

if so I don't know if I would feel comfortable spending that much on products that are not as reliable as others that would be cheaper just because they have a white needle.

And as reliable I am going by how many people have had to have warranty replacement of their SPT boost gauges. Now I don't know if they are made by the same company but for 600 I would get something like this. http://smyperformance.com/sti-wrx/20...stall-kit.html.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    do you mean this? https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/18127

if so I don't know if I would feel comfortable spending that much on products that are not as reliable as others that would be cheaper just because they have a white needle.

And as reliable I am going by how many people have had to have warranty replacement of their SPT boost gauges. Now I don't know if they are made by the same company but for 600 I would get something like this. SMY Performance SMY / DEFI Boost / DEFI Oil Pressure / Remote Oil Pressure Install Kit - Interior - 2008-2014 STI - STI / WRX.

Yes, those would be the gauges. I like them because they will match the cluster perfectly opposed to the defi red racer gauges. I have no desire to buy these just because they are JDM I would prefer they were not JDM and in English units. My OCD for things matching and looking stock makes these gauges appeal to me especially since the face of the gauges actually say Subaru on them.

These are rumored to be made by Defi that is what the sender for the boost gauges is stamped, I am sure quality for these is equal to any Defi gauges.

I Support ClubWRX

Good luck with them if you decide to go that route. I can understand wanting them to match. Though another option with just as good quality is the AEM digital gauges

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX

If you really have OCD spend the money and get a clear bra put on the car the paint chips will bother you

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

FYI, Defi is releasing a USDM model of their gauges to match our clusters perfectly...

New USDM series will be released in July 2014. | Defi - Exciting products by NS Japan

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    If you really have OCD spend the money and get a clear bra put on the car the paint chips will bother you
    The paint chips do bother me but I just live with them since I only really notice them when I am washing or waxing the car. While the gauges I have to see everytime I get into and drive my car every day. I do realize it is sort of crazy since there are many good options for gauges out there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D's WRX View Post
    FYI, Defi is releasing a USDM model of their gauges to match our clusters perfectly...

New USDM series will be released in July 2014. | Defi - Exciting products by NS Japan
    Yayyyy

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by D's WRX View Post

Awesome! Good to know they are finally coming out with a white needle gauge set.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think they had them demo at SEMA when they first came out with them as white needle. http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-inter...efi-gauge.html

Looks like when ever my prosports go I know what im going to change them to.

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX