Auxiliary Headlight Switch Placement

This is a discussion on Auxiliary Headlight Switch Placement within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a '14 WRX, and was wanting to install some auxiliary headlights. However, there isn't a auxiliary panel that ...

Auxiliary Headlight Switch Placement

I have a '14 WRX, and was wanting to install some auxiliary headlights. However, there isn't a auxiliary panel that I can mount the switch to. I was wondering if anyone here has had similar issues, and if anyone has a good suggestion for the placement of the switch(es).

I'd rather not have it on the high beams circuit if that can be avoided. Also, I'm thinking of running 4 external lights, so I'd like to be able to have two switches. If the community thinks a one-switch solution for both sets of lights is a better solution, I'm all ears.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you don't have fog lights you could use the factory turn signal stalk as a switch if you get one. You'd have to reroute the wiring though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the idea, but I do have the factory fog lamps.

When I had my '11, my 2 toggle switches for lights were on the shifter surround. Just a couple 5/8" holes, so not the prettiest option but cheaper to replace than some other pieces I could be drilled in the area.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I was contemplating on drilling holes into the dead switches in the center console where the heated seats buttons would go. I have a base without heated seats so they are just blanks. This way you could easily go back to stock by just purchasing new blanks from the dealership.

I was actual thinking of taking it 1 step better and ordering an OEM set of heated seat switches and using them to run auxiliary lighting.
    2014 Base WRB Hatchback
    - Dealer Options: short shifter, fog lights
    - Mods: Debadged, V-limited lip, gloss black headlights, Morimoto Angel Eyes

Future Plans
    - Audio, Exhaust, Suspension
    - Keep warranty as long as possible