Do I have floor illumination plus Kicker questions...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Do I have floor illumination plus Kicker questions... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do STIs (2013 Limited sedan) include the floor illumination? I'm curious as I notice when I get in the car ...

Do I have floor illumination plus Kicker questions...

Do STIs (2013 Limited sedan) include the floor illumination? I'm curious as I notice when I get in the car there is a dim reddish light on each side. It's a small not even dime sized lenses there. Just curious is that what it comes from factory and I don't have the illumination or what? Car didn't get illumination from original order at least as I have original sheet.

I see the Kicker subwoofer and I've also heard about upgrades for the tweeters and all. Or are the tweeter and other speaker upgrades new and therefore only fit 2015 models? I have the factory NAV I believe made by Harman. When I go onto Subaru's site I don't even see upgrades for the speakers in accessories. I see the Kicker subwoofer up there that mounts in trunk but it says "Excluded" like not available if you have navigation. But I see them as available on dealer sites and ebay for Nav equipped vehicles.

By the way not interested in aftermarket.
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 07-10-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes the 2013 stis limited and base come with footwell and in your center slot illumination. i would check your bulbs and see if they arent damaged or burning out. Mine glow pretty bright
    Last edited by Jbravo_AK; 07-10-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    2013 Subaru STI

I live in igloos and hunt seals with my pet polar bear Jean Claude Van Damme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbravo_AK View Post
    Yes the 2013 stis limited and base come with footwell and in your center slot illumination. i would check your bulbs and see if they arent damaged or burning out. Mine glow pretty bright
    Are your bulbs a little dime sized lense? Those I see and on the passenger it's about in the middle. Hopefully not burnt out after this short a period of time. The footwells I don't believe are lit all the time. Are they supposed to? What when the lights are on? Is there a separate switch to turn em on?

"Casts a soft red glow onto the front floor area. Also available in blue."

About of this video. That little circle light is on both sides and that's the only light?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDhwfr2Cq2A

Interesting as if you can buy the 2015 Limited with the illumination as an add-on.

Wait I don't have the bigger square ones this guy puts in in blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKECyLVG0YY
    Last edited by grendels_wrx; 07-10-2014 at 05:12 PM.

I'll take a picture when im off work in acouple hours but mine arent like blinding bright or anything but you can definetely tell they are on. i wasn't aware it even came in blue? i've only seen red in every Sti ive been in. They are charging extra for the footwell on the 2015 or is that just the WRX?
    2013 Subaru STI

For the WRX it's only an option. I believe the msrp is around $200, invoice $110 or so.

And my gut tells me is the same exact kit from the last gen based on the price and pics I've seen.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Going up to the Subaru site and build a 2015 STi Limited. It's available as an accessory for $149 in blue or red.

Times apparently have changed since i was in the market for a new vehicle. When i bought my 2013 Sti he asked me what i wanted and all i said was short throw shifter but it came stock with the illumination, heated seats, All Weather Mats, Ect. But yeah i'll take a picture of under my dash but it probably wont be that easy to see since it never gets dark here in the summers.
    2013 Subaru STI

Well going out to my car the little red lights just come on when the door is open. It appears the illumination one is supposed to be on when the key is in the ignition. I think based on that I'm gonna get a blue illumination kit. Looks good in that Youtube video.

When I get everything done and I'm gonna see if the radio is worth getting the kicker sub or if the Nav radio and speakers are ok.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.